GMC Software provides CCM expertise at Leadership Forum, Analyst Workshop and five speaking engagements
GMC Software, the award-winning leader in Customer Communications Management (CCM), announced today its plans for Xploration 17, which will entail an active presence as the company addresses the most discussed CCM topics in the industry via educational breakout sessions, forums, in-conference events and product demos.
In booth #133 GMC Software will showcase the latest release of its flagship GMC Inspire customer communications management platform, which includes more than 500 new enhancements and 25 major new features. Twenty months in the making, GMC Inspire R11, which was made generally available in February, incorporates industry firsts developed in response to the cross-industry need for a solution that enables business-wide collaboration, visibility throughout the customer journey, and the ability to take immediate action to improve the customer experience.
On the first day of the event, GMC Software and BMO Bank of Montreal will accept the Xplor 2017 Application of the Year Award. The prestigious honor recognizes BMO Bank of Montreal’s adoption of GMC Inspire for its successful organization-wide effort to transform its business and its customer experience by accelerating the deployment of digital capabilities. The result of the project was an electronic document system that eliminates the need for human intervention and saves millions of pieces of paper annually.
On March 27, one day prior to the official conference start, GMC Software will host CCM decision-makers at its Leadership Forum, which will feature discussion about the state of the CCM industry and a deep dive into the new GMC Inspire R11.
Additionally, GMC Software’s CCM experts will participate in numerous educational sessions:
- “Mobile Communication and its Role in the Future of Customer Engagement” will be presented on Tues. March 28 at 2:30 p.m.by Arianna Valentini, product marketing manager at GMC Software.
- GMC Software’s mobile expert and product marketing managerAndrew Hellard will participate in the panel “Can Digital Transformation Revolutionize Your Business?” on Wed. March 29 at 8:30 a.m.
- Andrew Hellard will also present the breakout session “Improve the Customer Experience by Mapping the Customer Journey” on Wed. March 29 at 2:30 p.m.
- The panel “Does Channel Preference Drive Results?” will include GMC Software’s Arianna Valentini on Wed. March 29 at 2:30 p.m.
- “Designing Templates for Change,” will be presented by 20-year veteran of CCM technology, Keith Lewis, EDP, lead senior solution architect at GMC Software, on Wed. March 29 at 3:00 p.m.
GMC Software will also host the Industry Analyst Workshop on the final day of Xploration 17, Thurs. March 30 at 9:30 a.m. Moderated by Keypoint Intelligence/InfoTrends, the three-part program will reveal the latest industry trends, customer experience best practices, and the document journey in both legacy and new environments.
For more information about Xploration 17, click here.