NORWALK, Conn – How do you make the industry’s most productive digital production color platform even better? Add a fifth color option, boost press uptime and offer multiple speed choices – the calling cards of the new Xerox iGen® 5 Press.
According to InfoTrends1, the high-end digital production color market will expand from around 60 billion pages today to 87 billion pages globally by 2018, offering a significant growth opportunity for print service providers.
Thousands of iGen presses are already creating billions of high-quality, high-margin sales brochures, posters, photo books and pieces of direct-mail – often personalized and always in vibrant color. With the iGen platform, productivity gains of up to 25 percent can be achieved since less time is spent on reprinting, quality control and job setup, continuing to make iGen devices the most productive digital presses on the market. And now there’s another option to continue that momentum.
“We launched a digital color revolution when we introduced the iGen platform in 2002,” said Andrew Copley, president, Global Graphic Communications Operations, Xerox Technology. “And we continue to anticipate change and respond with new ways to convert pages from offset. The iGen 5 is fully customizable to meet page volume, application type and color needs – all while delivering market-leading press uptime.”
Print providers can select the iGen 5 150 Press (150 ppm), iGen 5 120 Press (120 ppm) or iGen 5 90 Press (90 ppm), and with a new scalable architecture, upgrading from one speed to the next is simple.
The optional fifth color unit increases the ability to match a larger gamut of Pantone® colors or unknown spot colors without hindering productivity. Orange, green or blue options supplement CMYK and can accurately hit distinctive brand colors without moving short runs to offset.
A variety of color matching, job setup and quality control automation tools ensure maximum uptime equating to more profitable pages flowing through an operation.
Other features include:
- An EFI Fiery or Xerox FreeFlow® Print Server to automate and integrate the workflow process from order to finish.
- Gloss or matte dry ink options that add to the presses’ ability to create unique and eye-grabbing applications.
- 26-inch sheet size to enable more jobs and applications such as six-panel brochures, gatefold pamphlets, pocket folders and direct-mail campaigns.
- 2400 x 2400 dpi imaging system, Object Oriented Halftoning, Xerox Confident Color and Auto Density Control to deliver reliable and predictable image quality.
- A range of inline finishing solutions, including Xerox IntegratedPLUS Finishing and Dual Mode Sheet Feeder to manage jobs with diverse finishing requirements.
The iGen 5 complements the existing offerings within the iGen family – the iGen 150 and iGen4 Diamond Edition – by continuing to expand the scope of applications that can be produced using Xerox’s industry-leading production color portfolio.
Availability and Pricing
The iGen 5 150 Press and EFI Print Server are available immediately worldwide. The iGen 5 120 Press, iGen 5 90 Press and FreeFlow Print Server will be available in September. The iGen 5 150 4-color base configuration will have a U.S. list price starting at $752,000 and the iGen 5 150 5-color base configuration will have a U.S. list price starting at $849,000.
1InfoTrends, Global Production Printing and Copying Market Forecast: 2013-2018.