Key education association is one of many backed by KBA
KBA North America proudly announces its support of the Accrediting Council for Collegiate Graphic Communications (ACCGC) with a monetary donation and has become an ACCGC Sustaining Corporate Affiliate. The donation was made at GRAPH EXPO 14 and co-located CPP EXPO that was held September 28 - October 1, 2014 in Chicago's McCormick Place.
“On behalf of the management of KBA North America, we are very pleased to help support graphic communications education at the collegiate level through the work and mission of ACCGC,” said Eric Frank, KBA vice president of marketing and product management. “This program gives us the opportunity to contribute to the improvement of collegiate academic graphic communications programs and help insure that there will be a continuous supply of qualified graduates and employees for the industry. This is a very important goal and we’re happy to continue this mission.”
In addition to supporting the ACCGC, KBA supports the graphic arts industry in numerous ways. KBA joined the National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL) Elite Supplier Partnership Program as an exclusive sponsor of the NAPL Research Center’s State of the Industry™ Series of studies, reports, and print/electronic educational materials. KBA is a proud co-sponsor of the latest State of the Industry report by NAPL Senior Vice President and Chief Economist Andrew Paparozzi. The report is an overview of industry business conditions based on hundreds of comprehensive company surveys, studies, and economic reports. It also provides the story behind the numbers through interviews with survey respondents who explain their assessment of current conditions and outlook for the future. KBA is also a platinum sponsor of the Paperboard Packaging Council, the leading trade association serving suppliers and converters of all forms of paperboard packaging
“We are pleased that KBA has chosen to become a sustaining corporate affiliate and promote collegiate graphic communications,” says Dr. Ervin A. Dennis, Managing Director, Accrediting Council for Collegiate Graphic Communications, Inc. “Since it was established in 2005, the ACCGC Sustaining Corporate Affiliate program has added 11 companies and corporations to its roster. In addition to KBA, they include such diversified firms as Bell and Howell, Digital Enterprise Education and Research (DEER) Foundation, Eastman Kodak Company, Fuji Graphic Systems, Inc., INX International Ink Co., Quad/Graphics, Inc., and Xerox Corporation.”
The multiple benefits of a company/corporation becoming an ACCGC Sustaining Corporate Affiliate are:
- Helping to improve the quality of associate, baccalaureate, and graduate degree programs in graphic communications at colleges and universities throughout the USA and beyond.
- Providing additional credibility for associate, baccalaureate, and graduate degree programs in the eyes of industry, prospective students, and graduates of accredited programs.
- Receiving public and industry recognition for companies/corporations in support of graphic communications education.
- Facilitating the opportunity for affiliated companies/corporations to have representation on the ACCGC Board of Directors (currently, four Sustaining Corporate Affiliate companies are represented on the ACCGC Board), and
- Making it possible to have direct access to graphic communications graduates for employment purposes from the ACCGC accredited colleges and universities.
For additional information about the Accrediting Council for Collegiate Graphic Communications, Inc., please view the ACCGC website at: www.accgc.org