CHICAGO - R. R. Donnelley & Sons Company announced today that it has received the "Best of the Best" award in the publication category of the 2013 Golden Cylinder Awards presented by the Gravure Association of the Americas, and was also recognized with awards in five additional categories. The Gravure Association of the Americas is the leading marketing, educational and technical resource for the gravure industry. Award selections are made from numerous industry submissions and provide peer recognition for technical achievement.
RR Donnelley was honored for work on the following projects:
- Best of the Best Award Publication Category: Restoration Hardware 2012 Fall Campaign, printed in Warsaw, Ind.
- Publication Coated (Over 40#) Catalog category: Restoration Hardware 2012 Fall Campaign, printed in Warsaw, Ind.
- Publication Supercalendered Retail category: Target 10/21/12 event, printed in Lancaster, Pa.
- Publication Supercalendered Magazine category: The New York Times Magazine 12/9/12 issue, printed in Lancaster, Pa.
- Publication Lightweight Coated (Under 40#) Magazine category: Martha Stewart Living August 2012 issue, printed in Mattoon, Ill.
- Publication Coated (Over 40#) Retail category: JCPenney 3/4/12 event, printed in Lancaster, Pa.
"We are very pleased and proud to have our work recognized with these prestigious awards," stated Dan Knotts, RR Donnelley's Chief Operating Officer. "Our approach is to work collaboratively with our customers on each of the projects we produce in order to achieve their communication objectives and deliver exceptional quality."
Four of the Golden Cylinder Awards RR Donnelley received involved projects for customers in the retail market segment. The "Best of the Best" award recognized a particularly complex catalog project involving multiple RR Donnelley locations that required careful integration. Overall, the judges noted RR Donnelley's highly refined print registrations, expert color consistency, and unique print-feature effectiveness in the materials evaluated.
"The integration of technology with our continued focus on craftsmanship across each of our facilities is a key factor in RR Donnelley's ability to support our customers' brands with innovative options and superb quality," added Knotts.