HURST, Texas U.S.A - The Electronic Document Scholarship Foundation (EDSF), the international non-profit organization dedicated to developing and providing programs to attract and support students worldwide with their education plans, would like to thank everyone that helped make our “Give Back at Print” event a success. The event started with a “Who’s Who” of industry leaders simply getting together to network and socialize in a relaxed environment and was followed by these highlights:
- A great keynote from our guest speaker, Dan Lyons
- A presentation of IPN’s check to the scholarship fund
- The announcement of the scholarship winner for our BCT design contest
- Naming of the OutputLinks Communications Group Women of Distinction
- Inspiring presentations by three of our scholarship recipients
- A very spirited live and silent auction on exciting and unique prizes
- The announcement by the EDSF Board of Directors of the establishment of the Andy and Julie Plata Honorary Scholarship Award.
This was EDSF’s fourth annual event and raised $65,000. While this will substantially increase scholarship funding for 2014, there still remains a critical need for financial support for our students. If you were not able to attend this event in Chicago, it’s not too late to be a part of Give Back at Print. You can donate online at http://www.edsf.org at any time and help support the dreams of students pursuing careers in our industry. You can also make a special donation online and download “Make Great Software Decisions” by Jennifer Matt of Web2Print, Inc. Jennifer has kindly agreed to donate 100% of these funds to the scholarship fund.
Every contribution, however small, carries with it the ability to change tomorrow’s landscape for these young minds and, as the saying goes, is priceless.
To learn more about EDSF and its industry scholarships and programs, contact EDSF Executive Director Brenda Kai at 817-849-1145 or via e-mail at [email protected].