Companion to innovative iPhone app with more advanced capabilities
Alpharetta, Ga. - Neenah Paper today unveiled its Think Ink: Color Unleashed microsite , giving designers an unparalleled ability to build color palettes that inspire design and paper choices. The site comes on the heels of the Neenah version 1.1 of Think Ink: Color Unleashed iPhone/iPod Touch app.
"We were overwhelmed with the positive response to our Think Ink iPhone apps, but understand not everyone has the same smartphones or access to the newest technologies. With the ColorUnleashed.com site, users get all the benefits of the Think Ink smartphone app along with expanded features that give them incredibly creative capabilities right on their desktop," explains Tom Wright, director of design for Neenah Paper. "Designers, printers and even end-users will find the site not only captivating and intuitive to use, but a real workhorse tool that puts powerful design and color theory tools to work in their personal workspace."
According to Wright, the microsite will be especially useful to designers because it's a color visualization tool that bridges the screen and the printed page. Designers can build color palettes with features no other site offers. With the ColorUnleashed.com site, users can:
- Create custom color palettes based on three different options: RGB and CMYK values; Neenah's paper colors; or the Dewey Color System, the world's only scientifically-validated color-based personality testing system.
- Create and view color palettes of RGB and CMYK values right on the screen and then with one click download the palette as an Adobe Swatch Exchange (.ASE) file and embed it into Adobe Creative Suite. This key element saves users from having to hand-enter information and instead populates a library of color swatches and Neenah Paper colors into a designer's personal Creative Suite automatically and saves it for future use.
- Select from more than 30 Dewey scientifically validated personality attributes from a word cloud and build custom palettes.
- Order sample sheets. Designers can link directly to their Neenah Paper accounts making it easy to order samples with just a few mouse clicks. And for a limited time, Neenah is offering free sample shipping through the site.
- Import their own photos or take imagery displayed from the Think Ink promotional book and play with free-form type, change paper and ink colors to simulate real ink on paper.
- View all saved color palettes and past paper sample orders.
- With a complete line-up of Neenah paper choices added to the site, users can view their designs on CLASSIC CREST, CLASSIC Linen, ENVIRONMENT Papers, as well as on other Neenah signature brands.
"The Think Ink microsite really takes design and inspiration to a place it hasn't been before," adds David Schimmel, president and creative director of And Partners, which developed the iPhone and iPod Touch application for Neenah. "It has incredible capabilities and gives designers another tool for creating really great designs."
The Neenah Think Ink microsite is the latest innovation from the company that is continually introducing tools and technology that makes integrating paper into designer's jobs easier. Not only did Neenah introduce the industries first iPhone and iPod Touch application, the company also created an iPhone app of its famous Eco-Calculator. For the Blackberry and smartphone user, Neenah created the Neenah Paper Math application, which provides mobile access to Neenah's online paper calculator; the stocking guide for mobile access to specifying paper; as well as the BlackBerry Eco-Calculator for calculating the environmental savings achieved by using paper made with post-consumer fiber as well as the savings from using paper made with 100-percent renewable energy. And to help designers see what their work might look like on the company's CLASSIC Linen papers line, Neenah introduced a promotion called "Do You Love Linen?," which offers designers up to three printed samples of a single design on different CLASSIC Linen papers.