GMC Software Technology to Showcase PrintNet Solutions Suite at Xplor 2007
Press release from the issuing company
February 22, 2007 – Boston, Massachusetts and Appenzel, Switzerland – GMC Software Technology, setting the New Standard in personalized communications, today announced that it will showcase several new version enhancements to its PrintNet solutions suite during the Xplor 2007 conference and exhibition being held in Miami, Florida from February 28 through March 4, 2007.
GMC will present a range of PrintNet personalized document design and production application demonstrations in GMC booth 1128 and joint demonstrations in HP booth 888. New feature and functionality enhancements include:
- Web-based, interactive document creation/editing using standard PrintNet T templates
- End-users can add or modify content such as images, free-flow text or scripted messages
- Controlled process to protect brand & compliance requirements PrintNet T Version 4.5
- Import of PDF files as a group of editable objects, not just image files
- PDF to anything support (output directly to print protocols without pre-conversion)
- Flow area enhancements; text wrapping around objects
- Advanced color IPDS & color gradient support PrintNet Connect Version 4.5
- Seamless file synchronization across Web and LAN environments
- Enhanced version control for system administrators PrintNet PA Version 3.3
- SNMP access for remote system queries, status checks
- Web-based administration
- Enhanced job routing Zero Defect Automation
- Quality monitoring of production processes
- Automated follow-up production
- Redundancy control (prevents production of duplicates)
“We are fully committed to providing our customers with the most reliable, complete and forward-thinking solutions to all their personalized document needs,” said Dr. René Müller, CEO of GMC Software AG. “This latest round of product enhancements are intended to immediately improve communication processes and reduce response times, while cutting costs for our customers.”
GMC PrintNet provides a single platform for producing all types of personalized documents — statements, invoices, bills, direct mail, marketing documents, catalogs, campaign kits, booklets and trans-promotional materials — for print and electronic delivery. The software supports a broad range of input, design, output and operating system environments, and features ease of use and implementation that eliminates the need for advanced programming skills.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.