Kodak Showcases Growth through Digital Innovation at AIIM ON DEMAND Conference and Exposition
Press release from the issuing company
BOSTON, April 16—Kodak focuses on innovative approaches for helping print providers grow their businesses and improve productivity at booth 1515 at the 2007 AIIM ON DEMAND Conference and Exposition.
“Kodak will show the latest digital print and document imaging technologies at AIIM ON DEMAND,” said Kevin Joyce, Managing Director, United States and Canada, Kodak’s Graphic Communications Group. “We’re also using innovation to help our customers with new marketing programs and business strategies to increase revenue and grow their businesses. More than showing speeds and feeds, we’ll be engaging attendees in discussions about how Kodak can help them be even more successful.”
Kodak’s booth at AIIM ON DEMAND will feature a combination of educational presentations, new product introductions, and proven solutions in digital printing, workflow and document imaging.
New Products and Services
Kodak kicks off AIIM ON DEMAND by expanding the KODAK NEXPRESS platform of color presses by adding two new KODAK NEXPRESS Digital Color Presses, the latest version of the KODAK NEXSTATION Front End, and a new roll feeder option. There are now five digital color presses with varying specifications on the NEXPRESS platform, with each driven by the common, scaleable NEXSTATION front end.
Other KODAK solutions announced at AIIM ON DEMAND include:
- The KODAK s1220 Photo Scanning System allows consumers to turn a shoebox of photos into custom CDs, DVDs, or online uploads for use in creating other photographic and digital imaging products. Users feed black and white and color prints for batch scanning and the s1220 system captures the photos and performs simple enhancements such as sharpening or red eye reduction. Aimed at retail countertop services, the solution provides fast 30 picture per minute scans and requires little counter space.
- The KODAK i1840 Scanner captures images at up to 160 pages per minute and offers a variety of ergonomic features including a user height adjustable base to maximize productivity while either sitting or standing. The i1840 scanner is ideal for paper-intensive environments such as service bureaus and insurance companies that centrally process claims or financial institutions that handle volumes of transactions such as loan and mortgage transactions with a wide variety of document types, colors, weights and demanding duty cycles.
- The new KODAK INSITE Storefront System makes it easy for print providers to move their businesses online, offer new services and grow revenues. KODAK Web-to-print Solutions give printers the tools they need to offer electronic ordering, commerce and tracking, connectivity to their digital printing systems, templates that customers can use to create customized variable data print applications, and a range of other online capabilities.
- The KODAK PRINERGY Workflow System version 4 launches at AIIM ON DEMAND with a new easy to use dashboard feature that enables customer service representatives, production planners, and supervisors to view job information and real time status as they work. PRINERGY System version 4 also offers support for transparencies, digital print automation to expand into the KODAK Web-to-print Solution, and new digital job notes and custom fields.
- The KODAK DARWIN VI Authoring Tool for QUARKXPRESS 7 software debuts at AIIM ON DEMAND. Widely used by designers, advertising agencies and marketing professionals for direct marketing through personalization, the DARWIN VI authoring tool converts QUARKXPRESS 7 documents into variable information documents in which all elements—text, graphics, colors, layout, charts, background, and even entire pages—can be dynamic.
- Kodak launches an extension of the KODAK MARKETMOVER Business Development Services to help graphic communications providers maximize digital print capabilities. The KODAK MARKETMOVER Targeted Sales Module provides printing companies and their sales forces with all of the essential tools to effectively market and sell into existing customers and specific industries.
Enhancements and Demonstrations
The KODAK i600 Series Scanners add lockable feeder side guides for extra convenience in loading documents, an enhanced document printer offering improved print quality, and enhanced printer ink cartridges in black and red. The i600 series consists of four models in the mid volume production scanning segment.
Several firmware and driver changes have also been made to i600 series scanners, including a new ISIS and TWAIN graphic user interface, Blank Page Deletion, support of MICROSOFT VISTA OS and improved multifeed detection.
Kodak will show as a technology demonstration a WINDOWS version of DARWIN VI authoring tool for ADOBE INDESIGN CS3 software. The WINDOWS edition is used to drive the variable data print capabilities of the KODAK Web-to-print Solutions.
KODAK products are backed by KODAK Service and Support. Named Best Support Organization at the 2006 International Business Awards, KODAK Service and Support includes more than 3,000 professionals in 120 countries. These professionals are fully qualified to help customers control costs, maximize productivity, and minimize business risk.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.