GMC Software AG Awarded SAP NetWeaver Certification
Press release from the issuing company
November 3, 2005 - Boston, MA and Appenzell, Switzerland - GMC Software AG, setting the New Standard for personalized customer communications, today announced its SAP NetWeaver certification for GMC's PrintNet software. Based on industry standards, SAP NetWeaver unifies business applications into a single integrated platform, reducing the need for custom integration. The NetWeaver platform can be easily extended with commonly used development tools such as Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE); Microsoft .NET; and IBM WebSphere - standards with which PrintNet is compliant.
According to René Müller, CEO of GMC Software AG, "The NetWeaver platform from SAP AG is a best-of-breed solution, used by thousands of global enterprises. Integration with the SAP environment has been one of our top priorities, helping us provide exceptional customer service by giving employees a single point to rapidly access relevant customer data and documents, regardless of which application they're working in."
PrintNet's end-to-end document solution provides:
- Highly personalized document and electronic customer communications
- Advanced graphical workflow
- Complete control over the entire document lifecycle
- Fully integrated Web based document design, collaboration and approval process
- Data integration from multiple sources
- Direct acceptance of any business data type without the need for additional data manipulation
- Electronic (Internet, fax, SMS messaging) and paper-based output and verification capabilities
- Complete access to and manipulation of SAP-based content and data.
Document management & superior customer communications
With the integration of SAP NetWeaver, PrintNet enables customers to easily extend the capabilities of their SAP software processes by allowing consolidation of all customer records and communications into a common access point without the need for complex re-programming. Benefits include:
- Integration of all relevant customer documents in a commonly accessible archive
- Bundling and merging of content from SAP with other document applications
- Electronic viewing, archiving and distribution options, available in media and printer formats that include TIFF, GIF, XML, HTML, PCL, AFP, IPDS, Metacode, PostScript, IJPDS, VPS, PPML, SVG, VDX and SMS
- Seamless access by company personnel to customer data and documents
- Immediate response to customer requests
- Enhanced customer service.
A single platform for printed and electronic communications
GMC PrintNet software drives multiple document-related applications from a single platform, eliminating the need for separate platforms for Web and print based documents, variable data document or statement processing and presentment. Also, since work is driven from one central application, users don't need to understand the platform or application behind it, yet they can leverage its power for greater productivity.
GMC's PrintNet software suite offers measurable benefits - lower costs, faster application development and document delivery, and enhanced customer satisfaction. GMC's offering is based on scaleable components that include:
- PrintNet T - variable data composition software. A comprehensive, single environment for data input, design, composition and output that provides real-time, personalized marketing - focusing on transactional and promotional 1-to-1 applications. PrintNet T also includes legacy application conversion capabilities without the need for reprogramming.
- PrintNet PA - business process automation software. A robust multi-channel process automation and management system for high-volume production and delivery of output in mixed technology environments.
PrintNet PA is a single tool for seamless information delivery, giving users a single point of control to configure and maintain the whole information delivery environment, and ensure more efficient resource
management. PrintNet PA includes legacy application conversion functionality.
- PrintNet Connect - a fully integrated solution for the seamless production of both printed and electronic documents for the integration of Web-based applications. Organizations managing myriad documents, records and other information across disparate platforms and systems can now bring them all into the production process, regardless of their source.
- WebProof - a full web-based solution for collaborative document approval and live data proofing.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.