Kodak Meets the Proofing Needs of the Packaging Market
Press release from the issuing company
DÜSSELDORF, GERMANY, May 31-The KODAK APPROVAL System is making its fifth appearance at drupa, a sign of its versatility and adaptability for new applications. The KODAK APPROVAL System remains as relevant and important as ever for printers needing high quality, accurate halftone proofing.
Some of the newest features being shown for the KODAK APPROVAL NX System at drupa enhance the functionality for package printers and converters:
• KODAK APPROVAL Digital Donors for Packaging: Extend the color gamut to address the unique needs of the packaging industry. Offerings for packaging now include a new CMYK donor set for packaging, as well as blue, orange, green, white and metallic donors.
• KODAK Cutting and Creasing Table: Enables accurate and fast cutting and scoring for 3D package mockups on the actual substrate of the final package.
• KODAK Proofing Software: Drives the KODAK APPROVAL NX System for improved ease of use, handling of spot colors, and packaging workflows.
• Packaging transfer materials for the KODAK APPROVAL System: Offers transfer to challenging substrates such as shrink wrap and poly material, and enables transfer to packaging substrates with a clean, vibrant look for a true packaging/flexo proof.
• KODAK APPROVAL Degloss Sheets: Provide a low gloss matte finish on proofs.
The APPROVAL NX System continues to provide resolutions of 2,400 dpi or 2,540 dpi with true halftone dots that match press output and provide an accurate representation of the final printed piece.
"Package printers and converters need the ability to proof the vibrant colors used in today's packaging and to show these colors on 3D packaging mockups just as they would appear on the store shelf," noted John Cross, General Manager, Packaging Products, Prepress Solutions, Kodak's Graphic Communications Group. "The APPROVAL NX System, with the newest features being introduced at drupa, takes the guesswork out of proofing in this market and streamlines the production process."
The ability to create proofs with true halftone dots on the actual substrate being used for the final package is an advantage for package printers. To further enhance workflow, KODAK RECIPE COLOR Technology provides accurate spot and PANTONE Color simulations, each having its own screening characteristics such as angle, dot shape and dot gain, while KODAK RAPID RECIPE COLOR Technology provides the capability to image the same color component for up to four incoming color separations from a single sheet of color donor material, which helps save time and money in the proofing process.
KODAK Products are backed by KODAK Service and Support. KODAK Service and Support is made up of more than 3,000 professionals reaching more than 120 countries. It is a leading multi vendor integrated services provider, delivering consulting, installation, maintenance and support services for the commercial printing, graphic communications, document imaging and data storage industries. KODAK Service and Support professionals are uniquely qualified to provide services that control costs, maximize productivity, and minimize business risk.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.