Illustrator CS & InDesign PageMaker Plug-in Courses Now Available from StaffingTools.com
Press release from the issuing company
Bloomington, IN – July 29, 2004 – The Prepress Training Solution division of StaffingTools.com, the leading provider of personalized, affordable and comprehensive online testing and training for the graphic arts industry, announces immediate availability of 3 new courses:
1. Illustrator CS: Drawing, Tools and Text
2. Illustrator CS: Layers, Advanced Features and Output.
3. InDesign CS: PageMaker Plug-in
The 24/7 accessible courses, which are automatically customized to continually correlate with individual progress, are available through www.StaffingTools.com at an introductory discount of 33% through August 31, 2004.
Illustrator CS: Drawing, Tools and Text (MAC or PC) - Designed for anyone using Illustrator CS to create visual messages, this course highlights features new to the CS version and instructs users on maximizing their time by mastering the most commonly used software functions including how to:
• Navigate and learn features new to Illustrator CS
• Master Drawing and Selection tools
• Utilize Shape and Transform tools
• Select and use Color choices
• Set and Edit Gradients and Pattern Settings
• Using Text Tools for Character and Paragraph Formatting
Illustrator CS: Layers, Advanced Features and Output (MAC or PC) - Designed for savvy users of Illustrator CS, and those that wish to become so, this course instructs users how to take their visual message to the highest potential with the new and powerful graphics features profiled in this course. Learn how to:
• Create and Manipulate Layers
• Master Filters and Effects
• Establish Gradient Meshes and Graphic Styles
• Use Compound Shapes and Paths
• Export files
• Set Output options and Export files to print, transparency and more
InDesign CS PageMaker Plug-in (MAC or PC) – This course will teach users how to use the new features available in the InDesign CS PageMaker Plug-In Pack, including how to:
• Convert files from PageMaker to InDesign CS format
• Utilize PageMaker toolbar and position tool
• Create 8-page booklet with InBooklet Plug-in
• Customize keyboard short-cuts
• Perform a simple data merge using the DataMerge Palette
24/7 Unlimited Access, 365 Days
All Prepress Training Solution courses are offered online and are accessible from any computer with an Internet connection. With a unique ID and password, subscribers can access their account for training and review, 24/7, for an entire year. To maximize the training experience, users perform a series of steps that assess initial product knowledge and subsequently, improvement derived from training.
Limited Time Discount & Full Prepress Training Solution Library Access
Full year access to each of the three courses (Illustrator CS Drawing, Tools, and Text; Illustrator CS Layers, Advanced Features and Output; and InDesign CS Pagemaker Plug-in) is specially priced through August 31, 2004 at $99.95 USD (Reg. $149.95).
The new courses will also be available as part of StaffingTools' Prepress Training Solution Library, which includes a wide range of professional training courses designed especially for the prepress and graphic arts professional. Annual 24/7 access to the entire library is available at $300 per user, with volume and educational discount rates available.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.