PDF Conference Baltimore: New Speakers Added to the All-Star Lineup
Press release from the issuing company
July 27, 2004—Phoenix, AZ — New speakers have been added to the already unparalleled lineup this fall at the PDF Conference being held at the Baltimore Convention Center from September 13-14. Julie Shaffer, Director, Center of Imaging Excellence and Bob Connolly, BCPicutres.com - two well-known professionals in the industry - will speak at this 9th event. Special discounts are also available if attendees register before July 30, 2004.
PDF Conference Producer Carl Young announces the excitement building around this year’s PDF Conference, themed “Building Better PDFs”, largely due to the speaker lineup and power-packed sessions.
According to Young, “After listening to and speaking with past attendees about what they would like to see at future conferences, as well as being in touch with industry professionals who use PDFs every day in this expanding marketplace, we feel that this 9th conference is set to be the best yet. We are truly giving the public exactly what they have been asking for.”
In addition, conference attendees can find out what’s new in the Adobe Acrobat/PDF industry as companies show off their latest software offerings at the PDF Conference Expo.
Newest sessions added to the PDF Conference Baltimore:
• “Managing Graphics and Color in a PDF Workflow”, Julie Shaffer, Director, Center for Imaging Excellence
• “Creating Multimedia PDFs”, Bob Connolly, BCPictures.com
• “Adobe Creative Suite: New PDF Options”, Claudia McCue, Practicalia
Other conference highlights include:
• Carl Young’s keynote session will discuss “Building Better PDFs”
• Adobe will provide an update on the Acrobat product family
• Two sessions on how to make PDFs that are compliant with the federal government's Section 508 accessibility rules
• PDF Power Panel
• PDF Warp Speed Product Overviews
• PDF Expo
This year’s PDF Conference will feature four main tracks to accommodate users of every application segment:
• Acrobat User - focusing on the individual user and small workgroups
• PDF in Business and Government
• PDF in Printing and the Creative Arts
• PDF Special Interest - areas of interest to specific groups, such as meeting Section 508 requirements or creating engineering drawings
Visit www.pdfconference.com for the most up-to-date schedule of session and speakers.
Discounts, Promotions & Registration
Attendees who register before July 30, 2004 will receive the Early Bird discount, a savings of $100 off the regular registration rate!
Pricing for the PDF Conference is as follows:
• Regular registration: $995
• Register by July 30: $895
• Government discount: $50
• Group discount per person: $50
For registration, call (877) 278-2131 or complete the online registration form at: http://www.pdfconference.com.
The official hotel of the PDF Conference is the Hyatt Regency Baltimore on the Inner Harbor. Rooms are still available but are filling up quickly! Call today for reservations directly at (800) 233-1234 or (410) 528-1234.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.