Community invited to participate in favorite winter pastime to support Portage County Literacy Council
Stevens Point, Wis. – Worzalla, an employee-owned book printer specializing in printing high-quality children’s books, cookbooks, and hard-cover best sellers, has launched the “Reel It In For Reading” ice fishing competition in support of the Portage County Literacy Council (PCLC). The competition invites the community to submit photos of their largest ice fishing catches during the month of February. Worzalla has committed to donate $5 per entry, up to $1,500 to the Portage County Literacy Council and will award cash prizes to the entries with the largest catches. To honor the first-place winner, Worzalla will donate $500 to the school or community library of the winner’s choice.
“Ice fishing is such a popular winter activity in our community that we decided to organize a friendly competition to support literacy in our greater community,” said Brianne Petruzalek, Vice President of Human Resources at Worzalla. “The Portage County Literacy Council does such important work throughout the year to help adults achieve their literacy goals, a mission that is close to our hearts at Worzalla.”
The PCLC works with adults to help them achieve the ability to read, write, and speak English; in addition to understanding and using information to make decisions about their lives. Worzalla’s donation will go towards PCLC’s one-on-one tutoring and small group instruction programs.
“Literacy gives adults the tools they need to care for their families, maintain employment, avoid poverty, understand health information, get involved in the community, access further education, and so much more,” said Kristy SeBlonka, Co-Director at Portage County Literacy Council. “Worzalla has been a consistent partner in supporting our mission, and we’re looking forward to seeing the results of Reel It In For Reading.”
The “Reel It In For Reading” ice fishing competition is open to all Worzalla associates and any community member residing in Portage, Wood, Marathon, Adams, Waushara, Waupaca, or Shawano counties in Wisconsin. Cash prizes and trophies will be awarded to those who catch the largest fish measured by length, with $200 going to first place, $150 going to second place, and $100 going to third place. An Honorable Mention category awards $100 to the Worzalla associate with the largest catch.
“Reel It In For Reading” Official Rules:
- No entry fee is required.
- Entrants will supply all the necessary photos along with their name, address, and phone number to the email [email protected].
- Fish must be caught during the contest time period of February 1 - February 28, 2021.
- Each photo entry must be accompanied by the 2021 Worzalla “Reeling It In For Reading” badge which can be downloaded on Worzalla’s website www.Worzalla.com beginning on February 1, 2021.
- Contest winners will be awarded by the biggest fish caught as determined by length, measured by the following rules: Fish must be measured from mouth to the tail. Photo must include the entire fish not just the measurement end. Participants should enter two photos, one on a measuring device/bump board - preferably not a construction measuring tape - and one of them holding the fish for future media uses.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, February 28, 2021.
- The decisions of the judges are final in all contest matters.
- Worzalla is not responsible for any personal injury or loss of personal property for any contest entrant.
- Entrants agree to have their name, image, and the picture of their winning entry used by Worzalla for promotional purposes.
- All winners will be announced by March 5, 2021. Prizes will be awarded following the announcement.
Worzalla also encourages the community, if they are able, to make a contribution to the Portage County Literacy Council’s mission at pocolit.org/donate.