So you produce breath-taking documents… the image is beautiful, paper is top tier, color is great! That’s wonderful. But what happens next? Print isn’t finished until it’s finished; and your trip around the expo floor next week at OnDemand won’t be complete without checking out the companies offering bindery and finishing equipment and supplies.
To finish or not to finish, that is the question. Collate, cut, crease, perforate, score, fold, stitch, or bind? Fold, spindle, mutilate… oops, nope. That’s so 1960’s, back in the punch card days. Now we’ve got it straight – that’s perforate, not mutilate!
On to the Expo! (By, the way, you may want to print this list and take it with you.)
- Banner American Products, Inc . (Booth # 3320), www.banam.com/. Check out Banner’s Foliant Series™ laminators for single-side lamination of book covers, brochures, magazine covers, and more.
- BAUM (Booth # 3415), www.baumfolder.com/. Baum offers a full line of in-line and off-line finishing equipment for cutting, folding, creasing and scoring, drilling, and binding equipment.
- Buskro USA(Booth # 3310), www.buskro.com/. Mailing? Check out Buskro, provider of inkjet imaging (thermal and drop-on-demand), tabbing, and labeling systems (in-line and off-line).
C.P. Bourg (Booth # 2148). www.cpbourg.com/. Bourg provides booklet/book making equipment in-line with Xerox and Kodak equipment or off-line.
C.P. Bourg - Digital Bourg Book Factory
- Coverbind Corporation (Booth # 2862) www.coverbind.com/. Coverbind partners with Xerox, NexPress, Canon, and Océ to provide in-line perfect binding equipment. The company also markets off-line binding machines.
- D&K Group(Booth # 3429), www.dkgroup.com/. D&K offers thermal laminating films, heat-assist films, and pressure sensitive over-laminates as well as thermal laminating equipment and wide format laminating equipment.
- Davlin Systems (Booth # 1863), www.davlinsystems.com/. Davlin, provider of automated document handling systems, will exhibit their newly released 465CM Compact Folder Inserter.
- Duplo USA(Booth # 2349), www.duplousa.com/. Duplo doesn’t miss a trick – in-line, near-line, off-line; a full line of finishing equipment including continuous feeders. At OnDemand, Duplo is launching the DC-645 production color finisher incorporating JDF capabilities. Also presented will be Duplo’s newly launched high performance suction folder for digital color print, the DF-1000, and Duplo’s powerful in-line fold and tab system, the DT-900 Tabber.
Duplo DBM Series in-line with
OCÉ PAGESTREAM 155 and DEMANDSTREAM 4040
- Gateway Bookbinding Systems (Booth # 3456), www.plastikoil.com/. Gateway Bookbinding, PLASTIKOIL, will demonstrate PBS 3000 QS Quick Setup Auto Coil Inserter.
GBC ( Booth # 1849), www.gbcconnect.com/. GBC manufactures and markets thermal and pressure-sensitive laminating films and in-line/off-line equipment for the commercial and wide format printing markets. GBC also provides VeloBind® and SureBindTM binding systems.
GBC StreamPunch TM III
- G BR Systems ( Booth # 3459BC), www.gbr.com. GBR offers smart feeder/folders, flat pack feeder/collectors, self-mailers (cold-glue and pressure seal), continuous forms cutters, booklet-makers, slitter/mergers, and computer-controlled folders.
- ISP Stitching & Bindery Products (Booth # 3413), www.ispstitching.com/. ISP will be showing the new BinderyMate II, a compact table-top stitcher that can stitch up to 60 sheets of 20# bond paper in flat or saddle mode.
- James Burn International ( Booth # 3425) www.wire-o.com. James Burn is the manufacturer of Original WIRE-O® BINDING WIRE and Unicoil plastic spiral, and offers manual, semi-automatic, and automatic document finishing equipment.
Kern SAS (Booth # 3041), www.kern.ch/. Kern delivers integrated solutions for the printing and mailing industry, including Kern DMF - Document Mail Finishing: High-Speed Inserting Systems, Kern DFD - Document Finishing on Demand, Kern DLS - Document Logistics Systems (state-of-the-art robot technology), and Kern ADF - Automated Document Factory.
Kern 3500 Inserter
- Lasermax Roll Systems (Booth # 3031), www.lasermaxroll.com/. Lasermax manufactures feeding, finishing, and monitoring systems for digital printers. See the Lasermax Web Vision™ digital print quality monitor which uses high resolution cameras to scan in-line the full width of digitally printed bills, statements, and documents.
- MBM Corporation (Booth # 3316), www.mbmcorp.com/. MBM offers manual, electric, and hydraulic cutters; trimmers; friction and air folders; collators; booklet makers, and booklet making systems.
- MBO America (Booth # 2139), www.mboamerica.com/. MBO America sells and services MBO buckle and combination (knife) folding machines, Herzog & Heymann map folding and mailing units, Bograma automated die cutting, hole punching and trimming units, Palamides paper banding equipment, and Ehret web treatment equipment. (OK, I need one of those map folding machines!!)
- Morgana Systems LTD (Booth # 3115), www.morgana.co.uk/. Morgana will be demonstrating the DigiFold, a fully integrated creaser/folder to produces folded documents with no spine cracking or surface scratching. Morgana will show its full portfolio of digital finishing solutions.
- Muller Martini Corp. (Booth # 1656), www.mullermartini.com/. Muller Martini (manufacturer of variable size web offset presses) produces print finishing solutions for commercial printers, trade binderies, and newspapers, as well as short-run and digital book manufacturers.
Muller Martini’s SigmaLine
- Northern Machine Works (Booth # 2217), www.northernmachine.com/. Northern specializes in high-production collators, perfect binders, saddle stitchers, booklet makers, folders, numbers, mechanical/thermal binders, and cutters.
- Powis Parker (Booth # 70), www.powis.com. Powis Parker offers on-demand binding equipment for paperback and hard cover books, which can be customized on the spine and cover with the PowisPrinter® or the Foilfast® printer.
- Renz America Company (Booth # 3163), www.renz.com/. The Renz AP360, high speed punch, offers a solution to punching collated and tabbed books up to 14" wide, with a continuous feed design handling up to 100,000 sheets per hour.
- Rollem Corp. of America (Booth # 2162), www.rollemusa.com/. Rollem provides finishing systems for die-scoring, slitting, trimming, perforating, and collating. See the Advantage and the JetStream at OnDemand.
- Secap (Booth # 2263), www.secap.com/. Secap provides mail stream management solutions, including desktop addressing printers, production and integrated addressing systems, mailing software, folding/inserting equipment, shipping solutions, and tab and label affixing machines.
- Standard Finishing Systems ( Booth # 2217), www.sdmc.com/. Standard specializes in high-production floor model equipment and offers Horizon collators, perfect binders, saddlestitchers, bookletmakers, folders, and cutters, and a complete range of in-line, off-line, and automated off-line print finishing products, including Hunkeler sheet feeders, folders, unwinders, cutters, and rewinders.
Technifold USA ( Booth # 3262), www.technifoldusa.com/. The Technifold Tri-Creaser delivers scoring and micro perforating capability in a small format.
Technifold DCM45 Creasing Machine
- Watkiss Automation Ltd. (Booth # 2800), www.watkiss.com/. At On Demand, see new Watkiss PowerSquare™200 demonstrated inline with an Océ 6250 printer producing SquareBack™ books of up to 200 pages. Other products exhibited include the Watkiss Vario™ and Watkiss Digivac™ collating and finishing systems, Watkiss BookMaster™ booklet makers, and the Watkiss SpineMaster™.
- Wexler Packaging Products (Booth # 3407), www.wexlerpackaging.com/. Wexler will be demonstrating a full line of automatic stacking and banding machines including: Wexler CE240 & Wexler CE340, ATS-US2000, ATS-US2100, and ATS-MS420.
- Unibind (Booth #4101), www.unibind.com/. Unibind specializes in desktop binding and laminating products.
Unibind XU638 SteelBinding System
Note: the companies mentioned are only a sample of the exhibitors at OnDemand Expo. Please go to OnDemand Exhibitor List for a complete list of all the companies in the exhibit hall.