“The Cannabis Gold Rush” to be held March 18
To date, 11 states have legalized recreational cannabis, 33 states have legalized medical cannabis, and it’s a safe bet that more are on the way in both categories. There is the smokable form, and there are edibles. CBD (cannabidiol), which comes from the cannabis sativa plant but does not contain THC (tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana), is becoming popular in the health and wellness world, turning up in everything from dietary supplements to athletic wear. We are even starting to see specific cannabis-related products appearing in our own industry—namely, hemp-based paper. Regulations are emerging for the various kinds of cannabis packaging and they seem to change by the day. It’s very much the Wild West, and some companies have started to tame the frontier. What are the opportunities for the print and packaging businesses?
On March 18 at 1 pm EST, WhatTheyThink’s latest installment of its monthly LunchNLearn webinar series will look at the state of cannabis packaging. This 30-minute session will offer a primer on where cannabis-related products stand today, what the current legal and regulatory environment is like, and how businesses at various points in the supply chain are currently navigating it. Hosted by WhatTheyThink Managing Editor Richard Romano, guest presenters include:
- Stas Chirkov, Founder of Blunt Skincare, a consumer products company that manufactures a line of CBD oils for health and beauty applications.
- Kary Radestock, Founder of Hippo Packaging, a print packaging agency specializing in cannabis and cannabis-related product packaging.
- Michelle Turner, Brand Manager for Neenah Packaging, which launched a line of hemp fiber papers for folding carton converting
To register for this session, visit http://whattheythink.com/webinars/219/
Who should attend?
- Commercial print business owners and managers looking to expand into a potentially lucrative new application area
- Packaging printers and converters looking to expand into a growing new market
- Consumer product companies that are developing cannabis-related products
What you’ll learn:
- What the current regulatory environment surrounding cannabis-related products is
- The unique requirements for cannabis-related packaging
- Strategies for expanding into this product area
- How to run a cannabis packaging business without the Feds breaking down your door
“The Cannabis Gold Rush” is the third installment of WhatTheyThink’s monthly half-hour “LunchNLearn” webinar series. Upcoming topics include a print and sign franchise review, the industry’s “Top Shops,” and a look ahead to drupa 2020. For more information about WhatTheyThink webinars, please visit http://whattheythink.com/webinars/.
WhatTheyThink is the printing and publishing industry's leading media organization, offering a wide range of publications that deliver unbiased, real-time market intelligence, industry news, economic and trend analysis, peer-to-peer communication, and special reports on emerging technology and critical events. Special interest sections include Economics, Wide-Format & Signage, Labels & Packaging, Software, Print Finishing, Textiles, and Industrial Print. WhatTheyThink hosts webinars and live events as well as providing content through a syndication program, delivering content directly to related websites. In addition, WhatTheyThink offers a wide range of lead generation and branding programs that help print- and publishing-related companies achieve business growth. For more information about partnering with WhatTheyThink, contact Eric Vessels at email: [email protected].