New PIA Report Estimates Size and State of U.S. Print Market
Press release from the issuing company
Alexandria, Va., July 17, 2002 - The latest edition of the PIA Print Market Atlas, reporting on the size and status of the United States print market in 2001, is now available for purchase. Valued for its market research and benchmarking applications, the 2002 PIA Print Market Atlas is updated annually to provide the most recent and up-to-date snapshot of the industry.
Printing and imaging establishments, market researchers, and industry analysts have come to rely on the information available only in this report to perform a variety of functions, including:
* Performing competitive analysis and market share estimates
* Evaluating market opportunities
* Estimating market size for suppliers
* Benchmarking operations
* Determining the most profitable new print markets within specific areas
For printers and other establishments who target geographic market areas, customer groups, or printed product classes in marketing their businesses, the Print Market Atlas provides the information for identifying, measuring, and reaching specific target markets. Presenting data on national, regional, state, and local print markets for 2001, the Atlas supplies an estimate of the size of the U.S. printing industry and breaks down data by print market segments and employee size of establishments.
In addition to categorizing establishments by their primary business, the report is organized into four main sections:
* Print Product and Service Markets-Employment, establishment, and shipment information on 17 specific market segments, including: book; business forms; financial and legal printing; general commercial printing; greeting card printing; label, wrapper printing; magazine printing; other finishing services; other specialty printing; package printing; prepress services; quick printing; screen printing; tag, ticket, and tape printing; thermography; and trade binding.
* Regional Print Markets-Data on the distribution of printing establishments, employment, and shipments is broken down by 9 major regions within the U.S.
* Consolidated Metropolitan Areas-Detailed data is provided on establishments, employment, shipments, and market segments for 18 major metropolitan areas in the U.S.
* State and Local Print Markets-Statistics are broken down for each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and more than 300 metropolitan areas.
This must-have publication for all market penetration studies and assessment of market potentials is also available on CD-ROM. The digital form allows users to manipulate the data on printing establishments by sorting them by their sales territories and adding more detail to each record. Updated annually, the Print Market Atlas gives you the timely, pertinent resources to compare sales figures to those of your competition locally and elsewhere throughout the country.
The 2002 PIA Print Market Atlas book (ISBN: 0-88362-408-7), Item No. 00BT02003, is a 284-page softcover book which is available for $200.00 ($99.00 for PIA/GATF members). The 2002 PIA Print Market Atlas book and CD-ROM set, Item No. 00BT02021, is available for $500.00 ($250.00 for PIA/GATF members). Prices do not include shipping, and prepayment is required for all orders. To order, phone 800/662-3916 (U.S. and Canada); fax 412/741-0609; mail to GATF/PIA Orders, P.O. Box 1020, Sewickley, PA 15143-1020; or visit the Graphic Arts Information Network online bookstore from the GAIN Bookstore.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.