Enterprise Publishing Software Provides XML and Enhanced Graphics Support for Visually-Rich Documents
OTTAWA--July 9, 2002--Corel Corporation today announced the upcoming availability of Corel Ventura 10, a comprehensive page-layout and publishing application. Corel Ventura 10 provides exceptional tools designed specifically for the creation and publishing of highly-formatted and visually-rich business documents.
With the addition of a number of new features including XML import, Corel Ventura 10 enables enterprise customers to easily re-use all forms of content. When used in conjunction with an XML editor such as Corel XMetaL, Corel Ventura 10 is the ideal application for combining and transforming an organization's information, data and graphics into highly-manageable, structured business documents.
"Corel Ventura is an ideal tool for organizations who wish to take advantage of XML for publishing. Enhanced graphics capabilities and support for PDF enable enterprise customers to maximize the impact of their communications by creating compelling, graphically-intense documents," said Ian LeGrow, executive vice-president of productstrategy for Corel Corporation. "Using Corel Ventura, organizations will see significant improvements in their productivity and can capitalize on a wide variety of content types for their documents."
New Features and Enhancements in Corel Ventura 10 include:
* XML Import: Format and publish XML content with precision using the new XML Mapping Editor.
* Table Tags: Use Table Tags to format multiple tables simultaneously. This enhancement takes the robust table functionality in Corel Ventura to a new level.
* Publish to PDF: Create PDF files directly from within Corel Ventura 10. Users can take advantage of advanced PDF settings for professional printing output.
* Integrated Preflight Engine: Receive valuable feedback on publications before final output with new preflight warnings and the ability to save preflight styles for common workflows such as Print, Publish to PDF and Publish to the Web.
* Enhanced Graphics Capabilities: Power documents with compelling visuals using more than 50 new bitmap effects and improved support for import and export picture file formats, including the soon to be released CorelDRAW 11.
Corel Ventura 10 continues to include essential publishing tools such as the Navigator and Tag Window. The Navigator allows users to view the structure and content of multiple publications and efficiently move around and between publications. The Tag Window allows the user to manage style sheet properties and all tags from a central location. Corel Ventura 10 also includes support for more than 80 import and export filters providing exceptional compatibility and enabling users to fully leverage a wide variety of content types.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.