The latest generation of TECHKON’s handheld spectrophotometer SpectroDens raised the bar for color measurement devices and won the prestigious 2018 InterTech Technology Award from the Printing Industries of America. This annual award honors truly innovative technologies increasing the performance of the graphic communications industry.
“The judges saw a variety of innovations in the SpectroDens that led them to believe that it is going to become the spectrophotometer of choice in many pressrooms,” said Jim Workman, vice president of PIA’s Center for Technology and Research.
Among the key innovations in the SpectroDens:
- Special design with a patented, side mounted aperture allowing the operator to easily position the optics on the color patch and have visual confirmation of correct positioning.
- Integrated scan modes without additional hardware.
- Ultra-high definition spectral sensor, sampling in 3 nm increments for higher accuracy.
- Solid-state spectral engine, no moving parts or spinning filter wheels for highest reliability and long-term accuracy.
- Wireless inductive charging for maintenance free charging.
- Exchangeable aperture; 1.5 mm or 3 mm apertures depending on measurement requirements.
- TECHKON’s InkCheck feature which provides specific ink density adjustments to obtain the highest ?E color match.
TECHKON is honored that SpectroDens has been recognized for this award. From the beginning, SpectroDens has been designed to offer a totally new user experience for press operators and quality managers. We are proud that the PIA judging panel recognized the ease of use, practicality, and value built into SpectroDens. These are precisely the reasons why so many printers are making the switch to SpectroDens and other TECHKON pressroom products.