The Imaging Network Group returns for its 13th consecutive year of C-level networking the day before PRINT
Reston, Va. – The Imaging Network Group (INg) will hold its annual fall workshop in Chicago the day before PRINT 18, reprising a co-locating arrangement the peer networking group has followed since 2005. C-level executives from most of INg’s 41 member organizations and representatives of its 14 vendor partners are expected to attend the day-long workshop, which mixes presentations by industry experts, PRINT 18 previews and networking opportunities.
“We co-located our INg Workshop event with GRAPH EXPO since 2005, and we are continuing this practice, now each year with PRINT, because it’s a formula that works for both our members and vendor partners,” said JP Thomas, INg President. “Most of our members attend PRINT, so holding the workshop the day before streamlines their travel schedules, plus we’re able to attract some of the top industry consultants who attend PRINT to speak at our workshop.”
More than two dozen presentations are planned for the daylong session, September 29, including five in-depth considerations of topics selected by the membership:
- “How Can Service Bureaus Keep up With the Rising Cost of Consumables, Compliance and Technology and Still Be Profitable?”—John Delaney, executive vice president, operations, OSG Billing Services and Fred Van Alstyne, chief operating officer, Content Critical Solutions
- “Keep Me Posted—a New North American Campaign to Ensure Consumer Choice and Access to Paper Statements”—Phil Riebel, president, Two Sides
- “Inkjet Workflow: How to Make Your Work Flow Efficiently”—David Zwang of Zwang & Company
- “Is Transpromo Still Alive?”—Pat McGrew, senior director for production software and services, Keypoint Intelligence-InfoTrends
- “A Peek Behind the Papermaking Curtain”—Scott Schweder, director of business development, Domtar
For the third consecutive year, vendor partners will participate in a “partner speed-dating session,” in which each partner has five minutes to describe a new and relevant solution on the floor at PRINT 18. As an added twist, the presentations are judged on their effectiveness by the INg board, and the winner receives a prime speaking slot at INg’s three-and-a-half day forum in the spring. “It’s a lot of fun, because our vendor partners get very creative,” Thomas said.
Networking opportunities include a cocktail reception the night before the workshop, a luncheon during the workshop, and a post-workshop reception and dinner. In addition, following INg tradition, about half-a-dozen new and existing members will be given five minutes at the podium to introduce themselves to the group.
The INg workshop is set to take place at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park September 28-29, 2018. INg members, prospective members and vendor partners interested in attending the workshop should email Shelly Anderson at: [email protected].
PRINT 18 will take place Sept. 30 through Oct. 2, 2018, at McCormick Place in Chicago. For more information, contact Director, Event Marketing, Sherry MacDonald at 703/264-7237, or email: [email protected].