- The NEW C.P. Bourg product will be available in multiple configurations and connected to many popular production toner, ink jet or liquid ElectroInk print engines.
- Supporting perfect bound books and stitched booklets produced in a wide range of formats and sizes, In-Line, Off-Line, and in a Dual-Mode configuration.
Ottignies Brussels Belgium – The C.P. Bourg BPM is an industry first, innovative print finishing product designed for commercial and in-plant print production facilities. This revolutionary device greatly improves traditional Perfect Binding and Booklet Binding finishing workflows by significantly decreasing manufacturing time and cost.
Labor and Imaging savings - The Bourg Sheet Preparation Module is a sheet converting system that allows print professionals to automatically divide large “parent” sized printed sheets into intermediate, form sized or final sized sheets In-Line at process speed between their printer/press and finisher. This simple solution dramatically reduces page imaging costs by allowing users to print multiple pages of a document on less expensive large sheets and eliminating the inefficient and expensive manual labor used to hand process those large sheets into small usable sizes on a guillotine cutter prior to finishing.
Modular, Bi-Directional and Configurable - The BPM is modular and JDF compliant by design allowing users to configure the product functions precisely as they require. Each unit has the ability to operate bi-directionally as either a “Left to Right” or “Right to Left” configuration and will support production toner, ink jet or liquid ElectroInk print engines from multiple manufacturers. The base unit incorporates a paper path containing sheet registration and rotation functions, additional onboard functionality may be added as required.
Options for these additional functions include;
- Bleed Trimming – two independently adjustable slitting wheels that can remove up to 100mm or 4” of material from the head and foot of the sheet as it passes through the paper path
- Creasing – a stepper motor driven scoring cylinder creases the center of each sheet for downstream folding accuracy and precision, eliminating toner cracking or flaking and greatly reducing fold pillowing.
- Chop Cutting – A rotary cutter divides the passing sheet in half creating two equal sized sheets for finishing
- Buckle folding – An Automated fold plate allows a single sheet to be folded in half
- Sheet ejection* – Unnecessary or excess sheets may be discarded into a reject tray prior to finishing.
BPM Scalability* - If the desired output isn’t achievable using a single Preparation Module, a second BPM may be docked In-Line with the first. This expandability feature allows the user to employ multiple additional functions on the second unit for greater flexibility in manufacturing.
In-Line, Off-Line and Dual-Mode Operation - The Bourg Sheet Preparation Module has been designed to be implemented in one of three operational modes. In-Line, docked between the printer and finisher. Off-Line, docked between the Bourg Sheet Feeder (BSF) and the finisher or in Dual-Mode, docked In-Line with the printer and the BSF allowing the system to operate either In-Line or Off-Line depending on job details. This unique mode of operation delivers unparalleled performance and the greatest manufacturing flexibility in the industry.
Print Production Applications - The Bourg Preparation Module includes two (2) up or four (4)* up page production for Perfect Binding or Booklet Making products. Each application requires different feature sets to be deployed on the BPM and each application operates at a different level of complexity. Perfect binding applications complement the full range of product dimensions available on the C.P. Bourg BB3002 EVA or PUR Perfect Binders. Booklet making applications will complement the full range of product dimensions available on the C.P. Bourg BM-e fully automated booklet making solution.
*Functions/features available after product Launch of May 15th 2018