Saddle stitching solution cost-effectively processes high-volume products of variable content and thickness.
Engineered to embody the principles of Finishing 4.0, the highly flexible Presto II Digital saddle stitcher accommodates digital, traditional and/or hybrid printed products to deliver optimum production, labor and workflow efficiencies. Its innovative intelligent stitching capability expertly processes dynamic magazines and catalogs, financial statements, healthcare booklets, direct mailers, and other products that feature varying thicknesses. The result? An end product that is never too loose or too tight and validation of not just the content of a single product but the integrity of the entire run.
The Presto II Digital offers the highest production speed on the market (up to 9,000 copies per hour), while integrating roll or flat sheet printed digital material with conventionally printed signatures. Other advantages of this singular finishing solution include:
- Optimum efficiency. A barcode-enabled touchless workflow attains ideal productivity, while reducing costs.
- Thickness variability. Processes varying thickness of one signature to 3/8” from book to book at full production speed.
- On-the-fly auto-stitch adjustment guarantees flawlessly bound books every time without manual intervention.
- Validation and compliance. Provides validation of product content, including those with Variable Data Printing (VDP), as well as end-to-end compliance documentation.
- Lower costs. One machine accommodates offset or digitally printed products – as well as combinations of both – thereby reducing labor, operating costs, and a book’s unit cost.
- Product quality. Individually scores and folds each signature, resulting in first-class stitching and trim quality. Since one machine processes all printed input, identical finishing quality is achieved, whether offset or digital.
- Investment protection. Scalable design supports both current and future production requirements.
In addition, the Presto II Digital’s barcode recognition technology identifies each signature with 99.9% accuracy. It can switch downstream pockets in and out from product to product to achieve selective binding and produce fully variable end products that increase end-user engagement and responsiveness.
As found in other Finishing 4.0 systems, the Presto II Digital’s unique modular design and multiple complementary configurations ensure a high level of investment protection that easily adapts to every customer’s growing needs and workflow challenges. As such, it is recognized as the most robust, durable, and productive variable thickness hybrid digital saddle stitcher available in today’s market.