Reston, Va. – The Graphic Arts Education and Research Foundation (GAERF) has begun the New Year on an exciting new path starting with a structural change, newly-ratified Board Directors and Officers, plus an ambitious work plan for 2018.
With the original incorporation of the Foundation related to the creation of the Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC), which changed with the dissolution of GASC in 2017, the NPES Board’s December 2017 meeting addressed a necessary update to the Foundation’s governing documents. “The Foundation is now fully supported by the Association for Print Technologies,” stated Thayer Long, president, Association for Print Technologies (formerly NPES) and GAERF. “And it is important to note that this change does not alter GAERF’s mission or purpose, it merely recognizes its structural change,” Long continued.
At the Association’s December meeting, as well, the following slate of individuals were ratified to serve as the 2018 GAERF Board of Directors:
- Nick Bruno, President, Harris & Bruno International
- Erv Dennis, Director, Accrediting Council for Collegiate Graphic Communications, Inc.
- Paul Foster, Vice President, Printing and Graphics Association of Maryland
- Thayer Long, President, Association for Print Technologies and GAERF
- Susan Nofi, Senior Vice President, Heidelberg, USA, Inc.
- Michael Ring, VP, Worldwide Sales & Marketing Digital Solutions, Gallus Inc.
- Laura Roberts, Instructor, Mattoon High School, Mattoon, IL
- Jerry J. Waite, Ed.D., Professor of Technology, University of Houston, Houston, TX, and
- Dan Wheeler, Principal, DK Wheeler Group LLC.
“The GAERF Board focuses on the strategy and direction for the Foundation,” explained Long. “The contribution of these new and returning directors will ensure that GAERF serves our industry in an innovative and responsive way for years to come.”
Additionally, elected to serve as the 2018 GAERF Board Officers were:
- President: Thayer Long, President, Association for Print Technologies
- Chair: Michael Ring, VP, Worldwide Sales & Marketing Digital Solutions, Gallus Inc., and
- Secretary/Treasurer: Judith Durham, CAE, Executive Vice President-Operations and Membership, Association for Print Technologies.
Beyond continuing current GAERF programs and services, the new Board of Directors will provide oversight on new initiatives in the 2018 workplan.
For complete information about the Foundation and its programs, contact GAERF Director Margie Garr at phone: 703/264-7200, or visit: www.gaerf.org.