The elected board members are:
- Joe Stapley, Noble Environmental Technologies (ECOR)
- Nicole Papadakis, North American Plastics
- Lynn Krinsky, Stella Color
- Brett Thompson, Piedmont Plastics
"As SGP sharpens our focus on creating a more sustainable future through certification of print facilities, we welcome the addition of Joe and Nicole to our board," said Lynn Krinsky, chair of SGP's board of directors. "Their experience and expertise in strategic supply chain management and work on sustainable solutions for print will strengthen SGP's ability to positively impact the sustainable production and use of print." Lynn had her term on the board extended as well.
"Being part of the SGP community reinforces our goal at Noble Environmental Technologies (ECOR) to surround ourselves with individuals and organizations committed to a more sustainable future," said Joe Stapley, ECOR national accounts manager. "On a personal note, I am honored to join with recognized sustainability leaders on the SGP board."
For 2018, SGP anticipates having more than 100 certified sustainable printers in 2018 and continuing the Partnership's drive toward a fully sustainable future for the print industry. In addition to certifying printers, who comply with rigorous environmental best practices, the organization conducts conferences, seminars, academic studies, and sharing sessions to help print manufacturers and print buyers create sustainable supply chains. While each print facility is unique, certification helps each printer achieve a positive environmental impact.
"North American Plastics is continually improving our environmental footprint by focusing on sustainable programs like all-inclusive recycling for all our locations, ongoing education initiatives for customers and staff, and actively participating in organizations that share our vision for improving the sustainability of print," said Nicole Papadakis, North American Plastics business development manager. "Engaging with SGP helps drive our vision to the greater printing industry and society as a whole."
In addition to the four elected board members, SGP's 2018 Board of Directors include:
- Jodi Sawyer, FLEXcon
- Doreen Monteleone, Ph.D., Flexographic Technical Association (FTA)
- Marcia Y. Kinter, Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA)
- Jonathan Graham, TE Connectivity
- Libra Balian, ANN INC.
- George Fuchs, National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers (NAPIM)
- George Glisan, Appalachian State University
- Paul Glynn, Designtex
- John Heaney, The Advertisers Printing Co., Inc.
- Gary Jones, Printing Industries of America (PIA)
- Lou Liotta, HomeServe USA
- Francis Poirer, Jr., Specialty Printer LLC
- Maureen Tholen, 3M
Print facilities interested in eliminating waste, reducing energy consumption, transitioning to sustainable materials, and winning new business from organizations that require sustainable printing practices from their suppliers should visit www.sgppartnership.org/certification/
to learn more about becoming SGP certified in 2018.