Reston, VA - NPES The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies elected a new chairman, several directors, and re-elected returning directors at its business meeting on October 18 during the organization’s 2017 Annual Conference and Brand Inspiration Forum in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Mark Hischar, President & CEO of Dallas, Texas based KBA-North America, was elected chairman of the Association. KBA is member of the Koenig & Bauer Group, which was established 200 years ago in Würzburg, Germany. The group’s product range includes a portfolio of sheetfed offset presses in all format classes, post press die-cutters, inkjet presses and systems, flexographic presses, commercial and newspaper web presses, corrugated presses, special presses for banknotes, securities, metal-decorating, smart cards, glass and plastic decorating.
Four new directors elected to the NPES Board for a three-year term expiring at the 2020 Annual Meeting were:
- Kelly Mandarano, Director, WW Marketing & Communications and VP, Print Systems Division, Eastman Kodak Company
- Doug Schardt, Director of Product Management, Komori USA
- Kevin Abergel, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, MGI
One new director also elected to the NPES Board for a two-year term expiring at the 2019 Annual Meeting was:
- Brent Moncrief, VP, Strategic Marketing & Brand Management, FUJIFILM North America Corporation – Graphic Systems Division
Two directors additionally elected to the NPES Board for a one-year term expiring at the 2018 Annual Meeting included:
- Fred DeBolt, Vice President Marketing Excellence, North American Operation, Xerox, and
- Felix Mueller, Senior Vice President Equipment, Heidelberg USA.
“The NPES Board focuses on the strategy and direction for the premier association representing graphic communications industry suppliers,” explained Thayer Long, president of NPES. “The contribution of these new directors, as well as our returning directors, will ensure that NPES serves our industry in an innovative and responsive way for years to come.”
Other directors re-elected to the Board with terms expiring in 2018 were:
- Mal Baboyian, EVP, Canon Solutions America (Immediate Past President)
- D.J. Burgess, President & CEO, Burgess Industries, Inc.
- Marc Olin, CFO, efi
- Mark Hischar, President & CEO, KBA-North America
- Ronald Rose, President, Nova Pressroom Products, LLC, and
- Nick Bruno, President, Harris & Bruno International.
Additionally, NPES board member newly elected to the NPES Executive Committee to serve as Treasurer was Deirdre Ryder, CEO & President, VITS International, Inc.