CHICAGO, ILLINOIS - The International Newspaper Group, often referred to as ING, a professional organization open to newspaper print production executives, formally announced its 2017 Annual Conference program with a slate of national and international speakers and program hosts that may well be considered the “Who’s Who” of newspaper production experts from around the world and in the U.S.
The ING 2017 Annual Conference is open to all senior level newspaper production management and other administrators who are responsible for their papers’ or publishing groups’ print operations. The ING board of directors is inviting all interested executives looking for immediately actionable ways to cut production costs, reduce waste and/or increase print revenues to register online at www.internationalnewspapergroup.org and attend this powerhouse gathering of production peers and experts.
Here are just a few of the speakers, presenters and topics scheduled for the ING 2017 Annual Conference:
- Rich Masotta, VP Operations, The Boston Globe, will present how the Globe’s innovative Urbanite press will be helping grow more print business
- Bob Dagostino, Commercial Print Manager, Cleveland Plain Dealer, will reveal how to develop successful commercial printing bids to land the jobs, including actual lessons learned
- An engineer from MAN web systems in Augsburg, Germany will share costs savings and revenue generating ideas from around the world
- Additional topics include among others, how to deal with equipment and component obsolescence, the How-to for testing new materials properly and fairly, safety training for the training averse and more
- Power hour roundtables and “world café” group gatherings for sharing ideas to achieve significant cost savings plus revenue generation practices that really work
The Conference schedule is effectively timed for the weekend leading up to the opening of PRINT17 in Chicago, enabling attendees to optimize their time by attending both events. The ING Conference, held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel – Chicago, continues to be the premier event for learning about production-focused solutions through hands-on roundtable discussions and peer-to-peer participation among attendees and program leaders while dovetailing effectively with all that PRINT 17 has to offer.
The ING Conference kicks off on Friday evening, September 8, with a cocktail and hors d’oeuvres reception at the Hyatt Regency at 151 E. Wacker Drive in downtown Chicago. The conference sessions, programs and networking begin at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 9 at the Hyatt, and conclude at 5:00 p.m.
The Print 17 trade show and conference at McCormick Place opens at 12 noon, on Sunday, September 10, preceded by a special welcome and program by NPES for ING attendees starting at 10:45 am in McCormick Place South, room S101a. A free shuttle will be provided at 10:00 am from the Hyatt Regency Chicago to take ING attendees to McCormick Place for this event.
Cost for the ING 2017 Annual Conference is $200 and includes complimentary Print 17 exhibit hall registration. Registration for the conference, for the show exhibit hall and information on reduced hotel room rates through a special arrangement with Print 17, can be access through ING’s newly revamped web site www.internationalnewspapergroup.org. Watch for more updates through this publication and at the ING web site in the coming days.