Corona, CA – Out with the old and in with the new! This month Thoro Packaging earned a new ISO 9001:2015 certification that will replace their previous ISO 9001:2008 certification. After a rigorous audit by ABS Quality Evaluations, Inc. of Thoro’s quality management systems with no non-conformances, they were granted the updated certificate. Though the update is not required until 2018, Thoro’s management team felt it was important not only internally, but also for their customers, that they make that the early transition to the new ISO standards. Thoro’s Quality Management team had spent countless hours devising the proper procedures that are in place today to ensure Thoro provides their customers quality product in a timely fashion. “I am extremely proud of our team for their constant determination, and for continuing to strive towards continuous improvement of our quality management system,” stated Janet Steiner, President and CEO of Thoro Packaging.
ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for the quality management system. The 2015 revision to the standard has some major differences when compared to the previous version. One difference from the previous 2008 structure is that ISO 9001:2015 focuses more on risk-based thinking. Though this has always been part of the standard, the new version gives it increased prominence.
ISO notes that the new version of the standard brings the user a number of benefits including:
- Greater emphasis on leadership engagement
- Helps address organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Uses simplified language and a common structure and terms, which are particularly helpful to organizations using multiple management systems, such as those for the environment, health & safety, or business continuity
- Addresses supply chain management more effectively
- Additionally it helps organizations focus on the needs of interested parties, such as customers
“Just as ISO will continue to find new ways to make and implement quality management procedures, Thoro too will continuously find new ways to innovate our quality management processes and systems,” adds Steiner.
Thoro prides themselves on their quality. Ensuring that their customers receive the highest quality product is something they take very seriously.