Ghent, Belgium - Esko will showcase many innovative prepress solutions for brand owners and label converters at Labelexpo Europe 2017, September 25 to 28, in Brussels. These solutions will address various business challenges of brand owners as well as converters across the end-to-end label workflow.
“On stand 3C50, visitors will see solutions that simplify many steps in the process of label production throughout each stage of the workflow,” said Udo Panenka, President of Esko. “Our range of solutions shorten the lead time by cutting time out of processes, reducing the risk for errors and assuring high consistent output quality.”
Labels Simplified — Innovations that help overcome growing complexity
Brand owners require a higher number of different print-runs produced faster to even “just in time” in lower quantities. Converters need to respond to these requirements with a more efficient and integrated production workflow that can involve a mix of print environments.
For label and packaging converters, Esko solutions are designed to improve lead-time and equipment utilization, reduce errors, and assure high consistent output quality. The result is an overall improved efficiency of the entire operation, from incoming order to the delivery of the printed and finished materials.
At Labelexpo Europe, Esko will demonstrate how its innovations bring efficiency in each of the workflow steps of a prepress and flexo platemaking operation. Key workflow steps of focus are:
- Project management: Manage assets, approvals and projects from the initial concept to print-ready design, and connect ERP/MIS systems to workflow for smooth throughput and single data entry.
- Design: Hyper-realistic 3D mockups for presentation, proofing and QA.
- Prepress editing: Intuitive PDF editing with packaging-specific preflight functionality.
- Workflow: Easy to set up preconfigured workflows boost prepress throughput and automate quality assurance.
- Color and Printing: Color management supporting all printing processes and ink sets, even in mixed environments. X-Rite, a Danaher partner company, will be co-exhibiting with Esko at the show.
- Flexo platemaking: An innovative, streamlined, automated and coordinated platemaking process with guaranteed quality and consistency.
As previously announced, two new Esko turnkey workflow solutions will be publicly unveiled at Labelexpo Europe 2017:
- WebCenter Essentials for Labels: a turnkey project management bundle for label production
- Automation Engine Essentials for Labels: a turnkey workflow bundle for label prepress workflow automation
Esko joins forces with key industry suppliers
New to Labelexpo Europe is the Automation Arena, held in collaboration with Cerm, Esko, Xeikon, MPS, Kocher + Beck, AVT, Rotocontrol, Matho and Wasberger, featuring two automated press lines for digital and conventional label production from job creation through prepress, printing, finishing and invoicing. The Esko software platform with a focus on cost control and productivity optimization, will show support of an end-to-end label workflow with hyper realistic 3D viewing, web collaboration, PDF editing, content management, and quality assurance tools.
Esko is also teaming up with the widest range of industry partners ever at Labelexpo Europe 2017, ranging from digital printing, ERP/MIS integration and color management to flexo platemaking. Worldwide Esko sales and support experts will also be present to handle all enquiries.
Panenka concluded, “Our presence across the Labelexpo floor clearly demonstrates how Esko’s end-to end prepress solutions are essential to the future of the industry.”