DALIM ES, the complete workflow management, collaboration and software proofing system, is also verified as a valid asset management system.
DALIM SOFTWARE, makers of highly efficient, scalable software solutions for the creation, production and management of cross-media content, announces that DALIM ES has received 10 Core Certification by former principals of the DAM Foundation Board. It is widely viewed in the industry that 10 Core Certification represents an elite status and is the prerequisite acknowledgement that a system satisfies the minimum ten characteristic requirements of a successful Digital Asset Management (DAM) system.
According to the guidelines originally set by the DAM Foundation Board, DAM systems must be able to successfully achieve the following 10 requirements:
- Ingest assets individually or in mass sets, and allow for the manipulation of those assets and their metadata individually or with mass actions.
- Secure the assets they contain. Security in a DAM extends to defining access control lists (ACLs) for assets and defining roles for users accessing the system.
- Store assets as both binaries and metadata. A DAM system can store multiple file types.
- Render/transform assets on ingest into new forms, such as thumbnails or proxy files.
- Enrich assets through the extension of metadata and metrics regarding the use and reuse of the asset throughout its lifecycle.
- Relate assets by tracking the relationships between and among an original asset and versions/variants of the original.
- Regulate a structured process in the management, creation, and review of assets with workflow tools.
- Allow for users to find assets and to retrieve those assets by facilitating search through metadata, collections, workflows, and access control tools.
- Have a preview function that allows users to view assets before downloading or opening a file on their own device.
- Produce/publish content by providing methods whereby assets may be shared, linked to, or otherwise be distributed outside the system.
“It is sometimes a challenge to explain and specifically demonstrate the ways a DAM should fit the needs of customers. The DAM Foundation and Marc Davey from IQ Equity Ltd. created a terrific test scenario covering all the customer challenges, using a selection of files—images, video, office documents within metadata, etc.,” comments Frédéric Sanúy, Director of Marketing, DALIM SOFTWARE GmbH. “During the two hours we demonstrated DALM ES to certify the 10 Core DAM features, we were able to reveal even more. For example, we highlighted the capabilities of our DIALOGUE Engine DAM softproofing engine, the workflow management, and the DALIM ES connectors—for example, Adobe plugins, CMS, online editing, and archiving. DALIM ES clearly fulfils all the 10 Core features, but more importantly operates where Enterprise Workflows Meets Enterprise DAM.”
DALIM ES is available directly from DALIM SOFTWARE and from the company’s extensive global network of resellers.