Dscoop Americas today announces the expansion of its board with the appointment of six new members. Representing a diverse range of businesses, markets and experience, the new Dscoop Americas board members will support the organization in delivering profit driving benefits for the North American digital print community – helping it to support key industry issues and drive business enhancing opportunities.
Complementing an already strong and mature Dscoop America’s board, new members include Amanda Bass, Senior Manager of Creative Services at Aflac; Chris Reine, Indigo Operations/Engineer, Franklin Press Inc.; Charles Ohiaeri, Chief Fulfilment Officer at Zazzle; Paul Hudson, CEO of Hudson Printing; Craig Curran, Senior VP Sales and Marketing at Nosco; and Martin Aalsma, Vice President of BR Printers.
Keith Wilmot, CEO of Dscoop, enthuses, “I can't tell you how excited I am to see this new team in action and witness the outcome of their combined efforts. The Dscoop Americas organization is demonstrating incredible momentum with year-on-year growth and innovation. Led by our talented and committed board members, Dscoop Americas continues to surpass all expectations.”
Dscoop North America was founded in 2005 as an independent community of graphic technology business owners and technical professionals who use HP Indigo, Scitex, Latex and HP Inkjet equipment and related solutions. 12 years later, Dscoop Americas continues to be the leading digital print community, helping the industry to advance and succeed through education, online forums and local and regional conferences. While at these conferences and events, member delegates can build strategic alliances to positively impact their businesses while learning and elevating best practices and so much more.
New Dscoop Board Members
- Martin Aalsma – “As an attendee, all the way back to the first Dscoop and a presenter of recent events, I am excited to be a part of the Dscoop team.”
Aalsma is Vice President at Californian based, BR Printers, digital print specialists of short run commercial print and publishing applications. A print industry veteran for more than 20 years, Aalsma was previously the President/COO of Documation. He also spent 10 years with RR Donnelley having started his career at QuadGraphics.
- Amanda Bass – “Since entering into the PSP world, I’ve not only been an attendee at many of the annual conferences, but I’ve had the pleasure of presenting at the conference and Dscoop University. I can’t say how thrilled I am about the opportunity to officially join the Dscoop team.”
Bass joins the board while leading the internal creative studio of the fortune 500 financial protection company, Aflac. Under her leadership, Communicorp, a subsidiary Aflac business, successfully transformed from a Print Service Provider to a Marketing Service Provider. Bass has developed and presented hundreds of campaigns, as well as directed and contributed to many corporate and industry marketing events.
- Craig Curran – “I will do my best to be a servant to the Dscoop organization which has given back to me as much as I have given to it.”
Curran is Senior VP of Sales and Marketing at the Illinois based pharmaceutical packaging and converting company, Nosco. Curran has spent his entire 35+ year career in printed packaging and brings a passion for packaging innovation to the board. He is active in a number of industry groups and speaks at many industry conferences on digital print and its power when coupled with the right sales and marketing strategy.
- Paul Hudson – “After running into friend after friend at Dscoop Phoenix, I realized, these are my people. I’m happy to lend a hand in this capacity because I truly enjoy the community.”
Hudson is CEO of Hudson Printing in Salt Lake City, Utah – printers that specialise in servicing the commercial print and publishing markets. He is excited about the chance to be close to the companies and people who are driving innovation.
- Charles Ohiaeri – “I have long admired Dscoop, viewing it as one of the most remarkable member-driven communities I’ve ever experienced. Beyond the annual events, the comradery between members embodied by a constant willingness to support each other is truly inspiring. I look forward to adding value in as many ways as possible and elevating the Dscoop brand.”
Ohiaeri is Chief Fulfilment Officer for one of the country’s leading online marketplaces for custom printed products, Zazzle. He looks forward to adding value in as many ways as possible and further elevating the Dscoop brand.
- Chris Reine – “I was so humbled to be asked to sit on the board of such a prestigious organization. I am so excited to get started and help shape the future of our group and industry.”
Reine works for the Baton Rouge based direct mail marketing company, Franklin Press Inc., where he has served as an Indigo Operations Manager and In-House Engineer for the last five years. He is excited to get started and help shape the future of the Dscoop group and the digital print industry.
Ken Mead, Director of Dscoop Americas, concludes: “We are thrilled to bolster our talented board with new members of this caliber. They are already adding considerable value to the organization through their insight, experience and ideas. Members will see this manifest in a number of ways, including the addition of a number of local events to facilitate increased networking and business growth opportunities, as well as other initiatives to increase member value.”