Banta Integrated Media Introduces Five New Print Drivers at ON DEMAND
Press release from the issuing company
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 30, 2002 – Banta Integrated Media, a leading provider of content management and e-business software and services, announces the release of five new drivers aimed at enhancing its variable data printing solution, DesignMerge. These drivers allow for significantly faster throughput and compatibility with a range of printers. By enabling DesignMerge to separate data into fixed and variable streams, the time needed for processing is greatly reduced. All five drivers were demonstrated to the publishing industry for the first time at On Demand 2002 at New York’s Jacob Javits Convention Center, April 23-25, at booth #1662.
DesignMerge XTensions for QuarkXPress enables users to create customized 1:1 marketing documents by linking a QuarkXPress document to a database file, providing sophisticated mailmerge, variable information printing and document assembly features. By incorporating variable information, each copy of a printed document can be personalized in process, changing content such as name, address, and even graphics. The entire process is database-driven, completely flexible, and easy to use.
New drivers for DesignMerge
• Optimized Post Script Driver – produces PostScript files up to 80% faster than the original built-in PostScript driver that it replaces and handles separation of fixed and variable data streams. This driver is free to all DesignMerge v4.18 users.
• Xeikon PrintStreamer-1 Driver – creates PostScript and Barco Book Ticket 1 files compatible with the Barco/Xeikon PrintStreamer systems and increases the overall speed of the driver while including support for “Master Page Picking” based on database content.
Object Caching Drivers
The new object caching drivers maximize printing throughput by separating variable data into fixed, variable and reusable objects. The reusable objects are downloaded once and then stored and cached on the printer.
• PPML Driver – produces PPML output compatible with any PPML-consumer printer.
• JLYT Driver – creates JLYT files that can be processed on most Indigo presses.
• VPS Driver – produces Variable PostScript Specification (VPS) files compatible with most CreoScitex systems.
“Saving production time through faster printing throughput will increase productivity for users,” said John Kriho, director of Banta Integrated Media, Publishing Solutions. “These drivers provide our customers with enhanced flexibility and the compatibility to use a variety of printers while increasing workflow efficiency.”
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.