Super wide direct-to-textile printer with in-line color fixation unit for soft signage, exhibit graphics, and décor application
Suwanee, GA – Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, today announced the availability of the TX500P-3200DS super wide direct-to-textile printer with an in-line color fixation unit. This 3.2-meter wide model offers unique simultaneous printing and color fixation capabilities to enable long, uninterrupted runs for higher productivity. The TX500P-3200DS printer will be on display in the Mimaki USA booth 3569 at the upcoming International Sign Expo, April 20-22, in Las Vegas.
Printing and color fixation in one unit
Direct to fabric dye sublimation printing requires fixation of inks through a dry heat process, a step that is traditionally performed separately. The TX500P-3200DS printer utilizes an inline color fixation unit that optimizes the printing and finishing process by enabling simultaneous printing and color fixation, thereby reducing two steps to one in a single device. Additionally, the TX500P-3200DS printer delivers optimum finishing by linking the printer and the heater units. This enables synchronization so that the printer is initiated when the heater reaches the optimum fixation temperature. This unique feature helps to control cost by reducing production time, labor, and transfer-related waste.
High gap printhead
The TX500P-3200DS printer includes new print heads that enable printing directly onto various types of textiles. The high gap setting gives users the ability to print on thin and thick textiles, plus woven patterns or raised fiber surfaces, while maintaining accurate ink droplet placement.
To achieve high print speeds, 12 print heads are arranged in a staggered array. With a wide range of printing modes from high-speed draft (1399 square feet per hour) to high quality (538 square feet per hour), this printer offers a mode and speed that best suits nearly any digital textile application.
An Auto Media Feeder (AMF) and a pulling roller ensure stable and consistent feeding of fabric by automatically applying the appropriate tension to the fabric during conveyance. The AMF substrate roller motors deliver power and feed accuracy for unprecedented accuracy even at high speeds.
Mimaki technologies for assured production of high quality transfer prints
• Waveform control. Each ink color has its own specific gravity and viscosity. To achieve precise placement of the ink droplets onto the media, Mimaki designed an optimum waveform, enabling the printhead to jet each ink color at the appropriate jetting angle while maintaining precise ink droplet circularity. This waveform control technology improves visible quality and dot gain even at lower resolutions and higher speeds.
• Variable dot printing. Variable ink droplet sizes – small, medium and large – are precisely placed. Smaller droplets create smoother gradients and quartertones, while large droplets produce uniform solids and are useful for high-speed printing.
• Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4 (MAPS4). This technology incorporates an advanced algorithm that reduces banding, uneven ink drying and bi-directional stripes, resulting in reduced artifacts and smoother POP-quality imaging at higher speeds.
• NCU (Nozzle Check Unit) and NRS (Nozzle Recovery System). These two functions work together to enable continuous or unattended printing, by ensuring any clogged nozzles do not reduce the print image quality. The NCU automatically checks for and cleans clogged nozzles before printing. The NRS enables mapping of unrecoverable nozzles, so that printing can continue.
• Bulk ink system standard. Large three-liter ink containers are installed in an external ink supply unit. Ink can be replenished while printing, without having to stop the printer. A degassing module is included to enable the use of economical, undegassed Mimaki original Sb320 direct-to-textile sublimation inks.
• RasterLink6 RIP software standard. This bundled RIP software package offers ease-of-use combined with powerful tools for control over image quality, color and output. The latest version of the company’s trusted RIP software provides a workflow system designed for the most demanding wide format operator. Mimaki TxLink3 textile RIP software (Standard or Professional versions) packages are optionally available.
The TX500P-3200DS printer is available for order now through Mimaki authorized dealers in the Americas. Connect to an authorized dealer by visiting www.mimakiusa.com/mydealer.