Lexmark PrinTrio Inkjet Printer Fuses Simplicity With Enhanced Functionality
Press release from the issuing company
PrinTrio Offers Advanced Features Integrated Into One Inkjet Solution Designed To Meet Consumers' Growing Needs -- Will Be Featured At TECHXNY/PC EXPO, Booth 3130
NEW YORK, NY--Jun 25, 2002 -- TECHXNY/PC EXPO -- Lexmark International, Inc. today introduced the PrinTrio -- an inkjet based printer that also offers scanning and copying. The PrinTrio is family friendly and includes Lexmark's trademark ease-of-use features designed to make the printing experience fun -- whether for work or play. Its innovative space-saving design allows the PrinTrio to fit anywhere a traditional inkjet would, and its clean exterior with a minimum of buttons enables an enjoyable experience for both Mac and Windows users.
"The PrinTrio is designed for consumers who are looking for a quality printer, and who are interested in delving into more creative, digital imaging-related projects -- but don't want the complexity of a traditional multifunction device," said Tim Craig, Lexmark vice president and president of its Consumer Printer Division. "Added functionality in a product that is as convenient and affordable as a traditional inkjet is a natural extension of Lexmark's commitment to offering its customers leading-edge technology at a value price."
The Next Level of Ease-of-Use
Engineered from the ground up with ease-of-use in mind, the PrinTrio features a unique slanted design with greater accessibility for users seated at their desks. Its graphical user interface seamlessly integrates print, scan and copy functions via drill-down menus that make executing tasks fast and easy. Features include:
- Integrated Photo Editing Software -- enables users to do simple image editing, such as cropping and resizing, as well as more sophisticated jobs including 'red-eye' removal and color manipulation -- without any additional software.
- Photo Sizing -- automatically adjusts images to print out in popular picture sizes: wallet, 3" x 5", 4" x 6", 5" x 7" and 8" x 10".
- Photo Display -- stores and retrieves images, helping users organize their digital worlds.
Featuring Lexmark's core inkjet print technology, the PrinTrio offers 2400 x 1200 dots per inch (dpi) resolution in black and color on all paper types, allowing consumers to produce photo-quality pictures and crisp text. As with all of Lexmark's inkjet printers, achieving high-quality output is effortless as special paper and photo ink cartridges are not required.
With fast print speeds of up to 11 pages per minute (ppm) in black and up to six ppm in color, the PrinTrio is well suited to meet the needs of busy families.
...With Added Benefits
- Scan -- The flexible flatbed scanner is designed to handle books, reports and photographs. Offering up to 600 x 1200 dpi scan resolution (up to 9600 dpi enhanced) and 48-bit color scan depth, consumers will be amazed at the precision and detail they can achieve. With the PrinTrio, users scan traditional photographs to e-mail friends and family or incorporate into creative projects such as personalized greeting cards.
- Copy -- Capable of copying documents and images in both black and color via the host PC, the PrinTrio offers great convenience for consumers with light copying needs. The PrinTrio gives customers the ability to reduce or enlarge images between 25 and 400 percent, and can produce up to nine copies per minute (cpm) in black and up to four cpm in color.
- PC-Fax -- The included BVRP FaxTools software provides users with a message center mailbox that can create, modify, send, receive and store e-mail and fax messages.
The Lexmark PrinTrio has an estimated street price of $149* (U.S.). It will ship with one high-resolution black cartridge and one high-resolution color cartridge in addition to BVRP FaxTools and ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR software, in the box. The PrinTrio will be available at retailers including Best Buy, CompUSA, Costco, Office Depot, Office Max, Sam's, Staples, Target, and Wal-Mart. Business customers can also acquire the new printers through authorized Lexmark solutions partners. Visit the channel locator at www.lexmark.com for a reseller convenient to you, or for additional information about the PrinTrio.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.