FREMONT, California - Electronics For Imaging, is developing advanced digital textile ecosystem designed to enable a streamlined fast fashion production workflows. EFI™ is showing its unique, end-to-end workflow for design-to-finished-garment process at the MAGIC Marketplace event, February 20-23 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“EFI has assembled a unique solution for the fast fashion market, and we are excited to be bringing it to MAGIC,” said EFI Reggiani Vice President and General Manager Adele Genoni. “From design to print to cut-and-sew, to the finished garment, visitors to our booth will experience the complete workflow and gain an understanding of the huge that potential on-demand digital printing can bring to the fashion industry.”
EFI’s offering, which includes industry-leading EFI Reggiani printers, EFI Optitex design and digital showroom solutions, EFI Fiery® digital front ends (DFEs) and EFI Reggiani inkjet printers, allows for design agility, taking time and cost out of the design and manufacturing process.
A complete ecosystem for digital textile production
EFI’s Digital Textile Apparel Ecosystem consists of the following components:
- Design: EFI Optitex 2D and 3D solutions enable selection and preparation of designs, including patternmaking and avatar draping in a Digital Showroom;
- Print Preparation: EFI Fiery DFE systems quickly and accurately convert designs into printing data, with fast data transfer both to digital inkjet printers and to dedicated cutting systems with superb color fidelity;
- Printing: EFI Reggiani printing solutions offer a digital printing process with water based dye-sublimation inks. This eco-friendly, green production technology with water-based inks delivers stunning colors and color fidelity for striking fashion designs. EFI Reggiani printers are very versatile in their capabilities, and can print with a variety of different inks to support virtually any fabric type for efficient digital production;
- Image Transfer: A heat press from EFI partner Klieverik is used to transfer printed designs from paper onto fabric;
- Cutting: Technologies from EFI partner Zünd automate the cutting process compatible for almost any material to prepare fabrics for sewing;
- Sewing: Automated sewing solutions to create finished garments from printed pieces.
“This workflow makes it easy to collaborate globally and reduces the cost of both sample making and the manufacture of small-lot apparel,” said Genoni. “It is already revolutionizing the fast fashion market by reducing the need to ship expensive samples around the globe, speeding up the design and manufacturing process.”
EFI products for fast fashion applications bring unmatched flexibility to the garment production process, changing the way designers and retailers think about their collections. And the digital design and production systems improve the process without compromising on quality, giving designers and retailers tools to develop and sell their best work quickly.
EFI’s exhibit is in the MAGIC Sourcing event in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, Booth #66707.
EFI’s complete printer portfolio, which in addition to industry-leading textile printers also includes LED and UV inkjet narrow-, wide- and superwide-format technologies and ceramic decoration printers, gives customers profitable opportunities for the Imaging of Things, delivering greater product customization and appeal in everything from signage and packaging to décor, apparel and industrial manufacturing. To see many of the extensive, imaginative applications possible with EFI print technology, visit www.ImagingofThings.comor www.efi.com.