BCC Software Announces Release of Mail Manager Full Service
Press release from the issuing company
(August 6, 2008) Rochester, New York - BCC Software, a BÖWE BELL + HOWELL company and the leading developer of high-performance solutions for professional mailers, today announced the creation of a new upper tier of its acclaimed mailing technology software products. With the release of Mail Manager Full Service, a comprehensive offering designed to deliver a complete suite of mail-processing functionality in a single powerful package, the highest-level mailing operations and document-processing giants now have an irresistible alternative in their search for an in-house solution that fits their needs today and anticipates their future growth.
Inspired by recent USPS announcements regarding different levels of Intelligent Mail barcode functionality-in which Full Service and Basic Service IM barcode categories have been announced-Mail Manager Full Service represents BCC's commitment to serving all tiers of the mailing community with unique and distinctive product configurations. "As its name implies, our Full Service solution provides the optimal combination of product development and premiere-level services with the unlimited, best-in-class support that every BCC customer has always received," said Chris Lien, BCC Executive Vice President.
"The mailing industry needs a package like this, to deliver access to total mail-processing functionality with an intuitive workflow and matchless utility and power," Lien added. "Having recognized that need, we're thrilled to be able to satisfy it."
Mail Manager Full Service uses as its foundation the USPS CASS/PAVE certified core technology that has made BCC's Mail Manager 2010 presorting and list-management software a mailing-industry mainstay for the past decade. Integrated features include:
- A proprietary address matching engine capable of delivering dramatically higher processing speeds and match rates compared to the standard address matching engine
- Deluxe automation capabilities using 24/7 watch-folder technology
- Total palletization support for sacks, packages and trays
- Enhanced merge/purge functionality, including support for householding and advanced targeted marketing applications
- Mail.dat file generation, to facilitate participation with the USPS PostalOne! program
- Firm packaging capabilities, and support for package subclasses Bound Printed Matter, Parcel Post, Media Mail and Library Mail
- Limited access to BCC Professional Services personnel, for on-site product transitioning, process analyses or solutions consulting
- Integrated access to USPS certified address correction services including 48 months of Change of Address data, advanced address correction ability including apartment appending, USPS OneCode Confirm mail-tracking; private carrier drop-ship logistics and more
- Exclusive optional access to MOVE Manager FSP, BCC's in-house NCOALink processing product, and the recently released program supporting Mail Manifesting for Bound Printed Matter jobs
The other components of BCC's flagship software line, Mail Manager 2010 and Mail Manager 2010 LE, are still available for purchase and remain fully backed by BCC Development and Support teams. "BCC's entire fleet of software products offers impressive performance for mailers at every level of experience and volume," Lien said. "This new Full Service product broadens our ability to serve all mailers. With postal industry changes coming fast and furious, we must be able to adapt to the shifting landscape. Mail Manager Full Service is yet another way for us to deliver on our 'How Can We Help?' mission for current and future customers."
For additional details about Mail Manager Full Service, call (800) 453-3130. To learn more about other BCC solutions, visit www.bccsoftware.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.