Orlando, FL - The 2016 "Best of Category" winners culled from this year's MUST SEE 'EMS competition were announced at the close of the EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK Conference Sunday, September 25, 2016 immediately prior to the opening of GRAPH EXPO 16 which runs from September 25 - 28 at the Orange County Convention Center - North, in Orlando, FL. These "Best of Category" award winners were selected by the judging committee from among all of the 2016 MUST SEE 'EMS entries and represent this year's most innovative technology offerings on display across the show floor at this year's top graphic communications industry event.
"The annual MUST SEE 'EMS competition singles out the year's best technology offerings," said NPES President Thayer Long. "From among these winners, judges choose what they consider the best product in each category to be named 'Best of Category'."
The 2016 "Best of Category" award winners are:
- Sales and Order Entry - Infigo Software Ltd - Catfish-Mega Edit
- Prepress and Premedia - Xerox Corp. - Xerox FreeFlow Digital Publisher
- Color Management and Quality Control - Lake Image Systems Inc. - Discovery Roll Inspector
- Variable, Transactional and Multi-Channel - HP Inc. - Link Technology
- Pressroom: Analog Presses - RYOBI MHI Graphic Technology - RMGT 920ST-5-A+LED-UV
- Pressroom: Digital Presses - Electronics For Imaging - EFI Nozomi C18000
- Pressroom: Wide-Format - Electronics For Imaging - EFI AquaEndure Inks
- Postpress and In-line Finishing - MGI USA - JET Varnish 3D Evolution
- Imprinting, Mailing, Shipping and Fulfillment - Neopost USA - MACH 6
- Management Systems - Electronics For Imaging - EFI and Esko integrated workflow for digital packaging
- The Future of Print - Xerox Corp. - Xerox Direct to Object Inkjet Printer
The committee also made its selection for the annual "Legacy Award" which this year went to the Xerox DocuColor iGen3(tm) Digital Production Press for a technology that has had a significant, lasting, and continuing influence on the graphic communications industry. The iGen3 was a MUST SEE 'EMS Award winner in 2001 and was chosen by a panel of industry experts, journalists, and consultants who were tasked with singling out a former MUST SEE 'EMS product that has motivated and inspired real innovation and change.
For more information about the annual MUST SEE 'EMS product and technology recognition program visit: www.mustseeems.com.