Induction Ceremony slated for Sept. 24th during Soderstrom Awards Dinner at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando, Fla., on the eve of GRAPH EXPO 16.
Alexandria, Va. - Twelve industry leaders representing a broad and diverse cross-section of the graphic communications industry will be inducted into Idealliance’s Soderstrom Society at ceremonies during the annual Soderstrom Awards Dinner on Sept. 24 in Orlando, Fla., on the eve of the GRAPH EXPO 16. The event will also feature presentation of the 2016 Walter E. Soderstrom Award to Joel Quadracci, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Quad/Graphics, Sussex, Wis., which was announced previously.
The Soderstrom Society is an honors association named for Walter E. Soderstrom, one of the founders of NAPL, an Idealliance predecessor association. It recognizes the contributions of professionals whose careers have advanced the graphic communications industry.
“Over the years, Soderstrom Society members have made many significant contributions to evolve and grow our industry. Membership in the Society is clearly a mark of industry service, accomplishment, and distinction,” says David J. Steinhardt, President and Chief Executive Officer of Idealliance, the association created this year through the merger of Epicomm and Idealliance.
Following are members of the Soderstrom Society Class of 2016:
- Frances Cicogna, Manager of Business Development and Segment Marketing, Production Solutions Group, Canon USA, Melville, N.Y.
- Summer Gould, President, Eye/Comm, Inc., Santee, Calif.
- Jackie Hudmon, Senior Vice President, New Business Development, Komori America Corporation, Rolling Meadows, Ill.
- Catherine Monson, Chief Executive Officer and President, FAST SIGNS International, Carrolton, Texas
- David Murphy, Worldwide Director of Marketing and Business Development, PageWide Web Press Division, HP, San Diego, Calif.
- Dino Pagliarello, Vice President, Product Management and Planning, Konica Minolta, Ramsey, N.J.
- Laura C. Reid, Vice President of Production, Hearst Magazines, New York, N.Y.
- Diane Romano, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hudson Yards, New York, N.Y.
- Dick Ryan, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Publishers Press, Shepherdsville, Ky.
- Frank Teuckmantel, Vice President of Corporate Marketing, EFI, Fremont, Calif.
- Debra Thompson, President, TG & Associates, Tucson, Ariz.
- Marriott Winchester, President, sgsco Americas, Louisville, Ky.
“We take great pride in being able to add these outstanding industry executives to the list of eminent men and women who have made the Soderstrom Society the industry’s most illustrious organization for more than half a century,” notes Ken Garner, Idealliance Executive Vice President and former President and Chief Executive Officer of Epicomm.
Presentation of the Soderstrom Award and Soderstrom Society induction ceremonies will take place at the annual Soderstrom Awards Dinner on Saturday, September 24, 2016, the evening before the start of Graph Expo. The gala event will be conveniently located in the beautiful Tuscany Ballroom in the Orlando Ritz Carlton. One of the industry’s annual celebrated evenings, the Soderstrom Awards Dinner has long served to offer recognition for industry leaders and bring together graphic communications industry leaders from all corners of the industry-at-large.
“This is the first Soderstrom Dinner under the banner of our merged associations and the first under the Idealliance name,” adds Steinhardt, “and I encourage all our members and the industry to participate in this event, which provides an opportunity for recognition of the best of our industry and fellowship for friends new and old.”
Companies that wish to support the event or honor one of the Soderstrom Society inductees may do so with a table sponsorship. Reserving a table at the Soderstrom Dinner offers companies the perfect opportunity to bring together their key executives and important customers or prospects in a wonderful setting. Signage on the reserved tables also provides well-deserved recognition of a company’s support of our industry at one of its signature events.
A limited number of reserved table sponsorships are available. A reserved table sponsorship for a table of 10 for the evening is offered at $5,500; a half-table of five is $3,000. Sponsorship inquiries should be directed to Marty Maloney of Broadford & Maloney Inc. at (203) 912-0804 or [email protected]
Individual tickets to the 2016 Soderstrom Awards Dinner will be available starting on Aug. 1.