XES Introduces New Scan Solution for Monochrome and Color Copying
Press release from the issuing company
XEScan Solution Offers Scanning to File, Email and Print/copy
STAMFORD, Conn.--June 5, 2002--Xerox Engineering Systems (XES), a leader in wide-format document management solutions, today announced the new XEScan Solution that provides monochrome and color scanning and copying for wide-format documents. This new solution provides scan-to-file, scan-to-email, scan-to-print, and file-to-print capabilities, as well as several upgrade options, which do not require new hardware.
XEScan Solution combines the speed and quality of the XES Synergix Scanner with XEScan software and applies a common user-interface for both printing and copying that is simple and intuitive, while maintaining a powerful digital engine. The new XEScan Solution supports XES' Synergix 8825, 8830, and 8850 printers. The color XEScan Solution also supports the X2-TECH color printer. Later this year, the solution will also support HP wide-format ink jet printers.
The XEScan Solution provides industry-leading monochrome quality, as well as color matching and detail reproduction. A manual mode allows the user to individually fine tune the settings, often resulting in black and white and color copies that look better than their corresponding originals. A powerful calibration process is handled completely through the software, enabling a quick and easy setup and ensuring top color and detail quality.
Patented Technology and Powerful Software
The XEScan Solution includes Synergix Scanning System-SA that uses patented CMOS image sensors for highest quality results, a FireWire card that is up to four times faster than SCSI connections, and a range of software to create a customized solution:
* XEScan Software - supports scan-to-file and email in monochrome or color.
* XEScan Reflection Software - adds scan-to-print in monochrome or color and includes a monochrome editor for despeckling and deskewing before copying.
* XEScan Reflection Plus Software - is a full color solution that adds file-to-print and an archive for easy reprints.
"The power, flexibility, and convenience of this new XEScan Solution is unparalleled," said Marc Neiss, Director of Technical Document Solutions, XES. "It's now just as easy to distribute high-quality scans at point-of-need as it is to distribute prints. This creates new opportunities to streamline business processes. This highly-affordable XEScan Solution is both easy enough for the occasional user and powerful enough for the skilled operator."
Comprehensive Feature Set
Key features that make the XEScan Solution with Reflection Plus Software the most flexible choice for any printing environment include:
* Filter Editor - sets scanner response for scan parameters such as contrast, background, removal, thresholding, and gamma. Both automatic and manual filters are available.
* Preview - previews image before a full scan, which is especially helpful when trying different filters.
* Scan Modes - controls scanner operations with single, stream, or batch modes.
* Preset Keys - stores and recalls often-repeated job setups.
* Automatic Width and Length Detection - determines the true size of the original.
* Dynamic Thresholding and Background Suppressions - enables customers to choose the thresholding value and select for background removal for monochrome filter settings.
* Editor - despeckles, deskews, rotates, crops, and offers mirror functionality when creating copies.
* Labeling - includes user-entry text and choice of variables.
* Nesting - eliminates media waste by printing multiple images on a single sheet of media.
* Job Accounting - captures job details for billing purposes.
* Tiling/Paneling - enlarges outputs to sizes beyond the printer's width.
* Options - HP-GL and Postscript
The XEScan Solution is available June 17, 2002. For ordering information call 1-877-XES-8212, ext. 486 or visit www.XES.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.