Billerica, MA - In addition to the Libra One book-block production system and new Stack 2325 system presented in the Tecnau stand (Hall 8a, stand D63), Tecnau will be exhibiting both new and established solutions with a broad variety of digital printing and finishing partners:
- Ricoh - Tecnau unveils its new Roll 9 system in twin showings around drupa. At the Ricoh stand (Hall 8a, stand B46), Roll 9’s Unwinder u9 feeds roll paper to the Ricoh Pro VC60000 continuous feed inkjet printer, with the Rewinder r9 forming rolls on the back end. Featuring adjustable web tension control, Roll 9 accommodates the wide range of tensions required for varying paper specifications to be run by varying high-speed color inkjet printers.
- Screen – Roll 9 is also shown on the Screen stand (Hall 8a, stand C11), providing feeding and finishing for the Screen Truepress Jet520 HD.
- Canon - Completing the exhibition of Libra One on Tecnau’s own stand, Tecnau’s Zero Speed Splicer u40 provides roll feeding for Canon’s new high-speed digital printing system, the Ocè ColorStream 6000, in the neighboring Canon stand (Hall 8A, stand B50-7); the printer in turn supplies printed output in-line to Libra One. The Zero Speed Splicer u40 allows roll changes with virtually no printer downtime, maximizing printer productivity and eliminating paper waste associated with printer stoppages due to roll depletion. Thanks to the smart interface developed by both companies, the Splicer u40 allows on-the-fly media variation including automatic loading of print parameters in order to support true book of one production with variations in 4 dimensions: height, width, length and paper type.
Elsewhere on the Canon stand, Tecnau introduces the new TC 1530 C2 cut-sheet dynamic perforator. The TC 1530 C2 is integrated with Canon’s recently introduced Océ VarioPrint i300 color sheet-fed digital press, providing in-line dynamic perforating to a sheet-fed digital press in an industry first. Coupons, convenience checks, remittance stubs – these are just a few of the broad range of applications users may create page-by-page within a single print run.
- Xerox - Tecnau is proud to exhibit its high-speed Roll 20 roll-to-roll solution along with the Stack 2020 cut/stack system in the Xerox stand (Hall 8B, stand A62) on the just-announced Trivor 2400 Inkjet Press. Supporting speeds up to 254 meters per minute, the Unwinder u20 features a new airshaft design for smooth feeding of a paper roll up to 22.5” wide and 52” in diameter into the digital press. The Unwinder u20 offers automatic detection for roll feed direction and semi-automatic roll loading. The Rewinder r20 has an automated loop control for quick and easy loading of the paper web, as well as an automatic tension control system for an easy switch between applications of varying paper weights.
Also on the Trivor 2400 Inkjet Press, Stack 2020 provides sheeted output, with a focus at drupa on a variety of book applications.
Finally on the Xerox stand, Tecnau exhibits its SheetFeeder NV roll feed system for the Xerox Nuvera 314 sheet-fed digital printer. SheetFeeder NV sits next to the input side of the printer and includes a quick-change unwinder and precision cutter. By feeding as many as 60,000 sheets from a single 50” diameter roll, users print more in less time while lowering paper and labor costs.
- HP - At HP’s stand in Hall 17, Tecnau will show its CutReady cut/stack solution finishing output behind the HP Indigo WS6800. CutReady supports a broad array of applications, media types, and paper weights – completing one up, two up, and three up output in standard photo sizes including 4x6, 5x7, 6x8, 10x8, and 12x18 inches. It delivers lay-flats for offline finishing, book covers with inline or offline lamination, calendars, canvas and other specialty products, as well as long-sheet applications such as posters and banners, while ensuring high accuracy cross-cutting and side-trimming for full bleed applications.
- Horizon - Tecnau displays the Stack 2020 cut/stack system inline to the Horizon book finishing solution, including the BQ-470 binder and HT-1000 Three knife trimmer, in a pair of partner locations at drupa. In the Horizon stand (Hall 6, stand D05), Stack 2020 is configured with an Unwinder 550, Cutter c20, Stacker s20 and Transport Table 568 to support a dual output delivery: the Stacker s20 can be bypassed to send single sheets to the Horizon system or alternatively can be used to cut and stack book blocks, with 90 degree delivery and offline finishing. The Roll to finish line is suitable for medium to short run production.
- Fujifilm - On the Fujifilm stand (Hall 8B, stand A25), Tecnau’s Stack 2020 again delivers sheets to the Horizon book finishing solution, this time in a nearline configuration to Fujifilm’s Jet Press 540w.
- Bowe Systec – Tecnau presents in Hall 6, stand B39 the Unwinder u10 inline to Bowe Systec Fusion Cross, high speed inserting system, supporting a broad variety of envelope formats and media variation, for the transaction and direct mail markets.
“Tecnau values highly these opportunities to exhibit the fruits of our close relationships with our many partners both in the digital printing and finishing marketplaces. We’ve placed a number of new product offerings in partner stands at drupa, so we encourage our customers and prospects to visit partners as well as Tecnau’s own stand to see the latest in the world of feeding and finishing innovations for digital print,” said Giuliano De Marco, CEO of Tecnau.