FREMONT, California – EFI today announced that Denver-based commercial signage company Sign Language XL acquired two new EFI VUTEk® GS3LX Pro hybrid roll/flatbed LED inkjet printers and an EFI Matan 8QW roll-to-roll UV inkjet printer. These machines join a busy production floor that also houses multiple EFI VUTEk production inkjet printers.
Sign Language XL executives chose the new EFI VUTEk LED printers units for added capacity and redundancy. The company’s new EFI Matan 8QW, a 5m, UV inkjet printer, includes in-line slitting and cutting options for significant increases in efficiency and productivity. As a result, Sign Language XL will gain nearly twice the throughput of the roll-to-roll printer the new EFI Matan product is replacing.
More capacity to better serve an expanding client base
“We serve a wide array of clients and market spaces, including out-of-home, venues and events, and point-of-purchase signage. The VUTEk GS3LX Pro and Matan 8QW printers will enable us to fulfill current demand, and provide added capacity as we grow,” said Scott Cohen, President – Retail, Sign Language XL. “The GS3 printers’ throughput speeds of 40-60 boards per hour at very good quality enable us to meet the increasing demands of our diverse client base. And the 5m Matan printer’s speed and quality made the decision very easy.”
Sign Language XL’s new EFI VUTEk printers offer exceptional quality and consistency with high-end grayscale imaging in resolutions up to 1,000 dpi and a host of key features, including:
- Eight-color printing plus white, with multilayer print technology for top-quality backlits and other display signage applications;
- Energy-saving, “cool cure” LED technology that meets growing demand for higher quality pieces at faster speeds while also reducing energy costs and providing compatibility with a wider range of substrates.
Sign Language XL’s other new printer is one of the first EFI Matan models installed in the U.S. following EFI’s recent acquisition of Matan Digital Printers. Sign Language XL and its customers will benefit from the EFI Matan printer’s ability to quickly create beautiful images for indoor and outdoor applications. Key features on the printer include:
- Fast throughput at up to 3,789 square feet (352 square meters) per hour, a speed that makes the printer one of the fastest production machines in its class;
- Patented Parallel Drop Size (PDS) technology, which optimizes print quality and productivity by injecting smaller 20 picoliter droplets for fine-detail work simultaneously with 40 picoliter drops needed for other portions of the print image;
- Fast and economical four to seven color switching;
- A unique roll loader for up to 300% better media utilization, which leads to less waste.
‘A true partner’ in EFI
Sign Language XL has used EFI technologies for the past nine years, and the company also runs an EFI Midmarket Productivity Suite workflow, featuring Pace™ MIS software with integrated Web-to-print technology. The company’s printers all run using EFI Fiery® digital front end software for inkjet graphics production.
In the course of relying on EFI technology over most of the last decade, Cohen has found that the relationship with EFI has been very positive. “EFI is dedicated to our mutual success and has earnestly invested in our growth; the relationship is not about them selling us gear,” said Cohen.
“In fact, we had a recent interaction where one of our EFI contacts guided us away from larger, more costly equipment and steered us toward a different solution that will make a positive impact on our bottom line as well as our capacity,” he added. “A true partner is invested in a long term relationship that produces a success story all can share, and EFI is a true partner in that respect.”
“Sign Language XL is a company that relies on the full ecosystem of EFI technologies to drive its success and we know we have to get things right and work with them through any challenges they face,” said Frank Mallozzi, executive vice president, worldwide sales and marketing, EFI. “We are proud to have been Sign Language XL’s partner for the last nine years of amazing growth, and we are looking forward to helping the company take its business even further with its new EFI VUTEk and EFI Matan installations.”