Hod-Hasharon, Israel, June 7, 2004 – Advanced Vision Technology Ltd (AVT) reports great success at the drupa 2004 exhibition in Düsseldorf. The company strengthened its leadership position in automatic inspection systems (AIS) and quality assurance solutions for packaging, converting and label printers.
Seven AVT solutions were demonstrated on the stand, attracting crowds every day that resulted in orders of approximately $1 million, and hundreds of solid leads. Interest was global, with sales to China, India, Turkey, and New Zealand as well as to Europe, Latin America and North America.
AVT’s wide range of new, innovative solutions was very well received at all industry levels, from managers to equipment operators. AVT’s mission to provide solutions that deliver full quality management workflow, higher levels of press control and answers to in-line color control challenges, was fully achieved.
“The full workflow support and the business management-related solutions that AVT demonstrated at drupa are practical proofs of our commitment to supporting the printing industry's growing need for improved quality and cost reduction,” says Shlomo Amir, President & CEO of AVT.
“The high level of acceptance of AVT’s automatic inspection solutions by packaging, converting and label printers worldwide, has driven an ongoing dialog between AVT, printers, converters and OEMs regarding industry needs and trends,” adds Mr. Amir. “Our close partnerships with press manufacturers and finishing equipment suppliers is demonstrated by the number of AVT platforms that were integrated into presses and finishing equipment on our partners’ stands at the show,” concludes Mr. Amir.
New Solutions for Efficient and Profitable Quality Control Shown at Drupa
• AVT’s Prestige press control package provides solutions that automatically handle ALL make-ready tasks as well as controlling the associated press parameters during the run. The Prestige package comprises three modules:
• pRegister: The established module for automatic register pre-setting and control
• Presco: The new, innovative module for automatic plate pressure pre-setting and control
• I?Eal: An in line color measurement module for ?E and ?Lab-based color pre-setting guidance and run-time color management.
• The PrintVision/Helios with Color Camera and Closed Loop inspection option - the established 100% quality assurance solution for label printers now includes a pioneering solution to close the automatic inspection loop.
• The I?Eal optional module for PrintVision/Jupiter platforms provides an accurate, in-line ?E and ?Lab color measurement and management solution.
• SpectraLink is a unique in-line, accurate and calibrated L*a*b* color measurement solution. It is an extension to the I?Eal module that interfaces with an off-line spectrophotometer to the AVT in-line color management technology and workflow.
• WorkFlow Link transfers print quality information from the press to the rewinder for automatic defective material removal and effective quality assurance workflow.
• PrintFlow Manager is a quality management solution that delivers real-time production quality information directly to the print manager’s office, providing an important quality information layer on top of the industrial process.
AVT’s Partners at drupa 2004
Additional AVT solutions were in featured on five of AVT’s partners’ stands at drupa. Among them, flexographic press manufacturer Fischer & Krecke had an AVT PrintVision/Jupiter on its new FLEXPRESS 16S-10 CI press along with a Prestige press control package. Regular live demonstrations of the press clearly illustrated how print quality could be assured, time saved, waste cut and margins improved through the use of AVT’s solutions.
A PrintVision/Jupiter Prima was shown on the Windmöller & Hölscher stand, installed on a PrimaFlex CS press, while a PrintVision/Helios was demonstrated on the HP stand, mounted on a Nilpeter rewinder as part of a total solution for digital label printing. The PrintVision/Helios was integrated into the finishing line, creating a full workflow solution from digital printing to 100% automatic quality assurance.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.