June 1, 2004—Phoenix, AZ — Leading PDF experts will convene in Baltimore this fall at the PDF Conference being held at the Baltimore Convention Center from September 13-14. PDF Conference Producer Carl Young announces that the program includes an impressive array of PDF experts from government, enterprise and the graphic arts industry; all bringing a focus on “Building Better PDFs.”
According to Young, the sessions and workshops reflect responses received from its online survey conducted over the past months. “We heard back from users and industry insiders representing government and creative arts on what they feel to be the most critical issues relating to PDF. Resoundingly, the theme that emerged was related to Building Better PDFs. Based on that input we have once again signed on some of the most respected PDF experts in the industry to address the need for a PDF conference program that is fine-tuned to meet the requirements of the growing marketplace.”
This year’s PDF Conference will feature four main tracks addressing key practical application segments:
- Acrobat User - focusing on the individual user and small workgroups
- PDF in Business and Government
- PDF in Printing and the Creative Arts
- PDF Special Interest - areas of interest to specific groups, such as meeting Section 508 requirements or creating engineering drawings
Among the new sessions at the PDF Baltimore Conference:
- Recognizing and Fixing Problem PDFs - Ted Padova, author, Acrobat 6 PDF Bible
- JDF and PDF: Industry Standards for Automated Print Workflows - Darin Kotalik, Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Moving Beyond One-at-a-Time: Server-Side PDF Creation - Tim Sullivan, activePDF
- Reliable PDF Production & Workflows: Principles, Standards, and Reality - Dov Isaacs, Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Creating Multimedia Brochures with PDF - Bob Connolly, BCPictures.com
- Adobe PostScript 3: New Features and Standards Update - Darin Kotalik, Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Creating and Using Layers in Acrobat 6 - Leonard Rosenthol, PDF Sages
Other conference highlights include:
- Carl Young’s keynote session will discuss “Building Better PDFs”
- Adobe will provide an update on the Acrobat product family
- Two sessions on how to make PDFs that are compliant with the federal government's Section 508 accessibility rules
- PDF Power Panel
- PDF Warp Speed Product Overviews
- PDF Expo
Visit www.pdfconference.com for the most up-to-date schedule of session and speakers.
Discounts, Promotions & Registration
Special incentives are being offered for early registrants. If you register by June 11, there is a saving of $200 on the regular conference price. Also, early registrants will receive a copy of Carl Young's Adobe Acrobat 6: Getting Professional Results from your PDFs, to be published in May by McGraw-Hill Osborne books. (www.osborne.com).
Pricing for the PDF Conference is as follows:
- Regular registration: $995
- Register by July 30: $895
- Register by June 11: $795
- Government discount: $50
- Group discount per person: $50
For registration, call (877) 278-2131 or complete the online registration form at: http://www.pdfconference.com.
The official hotel of the PDF Conference is the Hyatt Regency Baltimore on the Inner Harbor. For reservations, call the hotel directly at (800) 233-1234 or (410) 528-1234.
About PDF Conference and Expo
PDF Conference is the oldest, largest and most comprehensive skill-enhancing PDF event. Attendees learn powerful techniques and time-saving shortcuts for PDF applications. The PDF Conference is produced by Carl Young, one of the foremost Adobe Acrobat trainers in the world, who in turn, hand-picks the most expert and successful Acrobat educators to train attendees at the Conference.
The PDF Conference Expo will be open to the public on Tuesday, Sept. 14. Exhibition space is limited, but still available. For more information, send E-mail to [email protected]
PDF Conference attendees are comprised of PDF users from government, enterprise, and graphic arts industry. For more information, contact PDF Conference by visiting www.pdfconference.com or Call: 1-877-278-2131.