Printers Selected Mentors in Unique Family-Business Program
Press release from the issuing company
May 11, 2004 -- Printers from throughout the country have been named Mentors for 2004 in the Crouser Professional Performance Alliance. As Mentors, the printers will act as chairs of the board for eight other companies participating in the program’s four Performance Centers. A Mentor is a senior participant in the program who is charged with the leadership role of assisting assigned company owners in achieving their goals.
The Crouser Professional Performance Alliance, founded in 1985, is an organization of independently owned family-based businesses that strive for professionalism and performance among small businesses that commonly lack resources for the training and development of management as well as the next generation of owners. Companies from throughout North America participate.
“The Mentors were selected because of the leadership they has demonstrated as participants and their willingness and desire to help others,” said Tom Crouser, founder of the Alliance. “They own the best managed printing companies in the country and they are now sharing their knowledge and experience with others at the next level – which is teaching. This unique participant program provides experienced and knowledgeable small business owners as mentors to other owners and is an extremely important and unique component of the program. Although business is business, those dealing with both business and family face challenges and opportunities others don’t.”
The Mentors include:
• Dick and Nancy Cherry, Southern Maryland Printing & Graphics, Clinton, MD
• Keith Einstein, Einstein Printing, Dallas, TX
• Scott and Jane Levine, RiverCity Print and Imaging, Little Rock, AR
• John and Missy Baicy, Immedia Print, Winston-Salem, NC
• Marc and Belinda Peebles, Innovative Printing & Graphics, Murray, KY
• Bruce Mars, Planet Printing, Davies, FL
• Ron and JoEllen Alcock, Geneva Printing, Geneva, NY
• Mona Long, Main Street Quick Print, Aspen, CO
• Don and Connie Mashue, Mashue Printing, Midland, MI
• Nancy DeDiemar and Patrick Jones, Printing Resources of Southern California, Upland, CA
• John Butcher, Summit Print & Mail, Lockport, NY
The Alliance operates Performance Centers in Jacksonville, Chicago, New Orleans and San Diego. More information on the Crouser Professional Performance Alliance can be obtained at www.crouser.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.