Hod-Hasharon, Israel, May 6, 2004 – Advanced Vision Technology Ltd (AVT) demonstrates its leading position in automatic inspection systems (AIS) and quality assurance solutions for packaging, converting and label printers on its stand at drupa 2004, Hall 3, Stand F69.
Visitors to the stand will at once grasp the breadth and depth of AVT’s solutions for the printing industry. The placement of solutions in the AVT booth demonstrates the full-workflow support, from make-ready with a link to prepress via run-time process control, and down to quality assurance on the finishing equipment. The demonstrated product lines reflect AVT’s attention to specific needs of the packaging printers, converters and label printers.
Among the demonstrated platforms are the PrintVision/Jupiter and PrintVision/Jupiter Compact process control platforms, the PrintVision/Apollo quality assurance station, the PrintVision/Argus combining process control and quality assurance, and the PrintVision/Helios platform for label printing applications. All of these solutions have been designed as “open systems” to enjoy a wide range of optional modules that support various quality control needs.
A wide range of new, innovative solutions that are presented as well demonstrate the AVT mission to provide the market with full quality management workflow, higher levels of press control and to answer the in-line color control challenges.
“The full workflow support and the business related solutions that AVT demonstrates at drupa are other practical proofs of our commitment to supporting the growing quality needs of the printing industry,” says Koby Shtaierman, Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing of AVT. “The high level of acceptance of AVT’s automatic inspection solutions by packaging, converting and label printers worldwide, has driven an on-going dialogue between AVT, printers, converters and OEMs regarding industry needs and trends. This has led to the development of additional innovative solutions,” added Mr. Shtaierman. “Our close partnerships with press manufacturers and finishing equipment suppliers are demonstrated by the number of AVT platforms that are integrated into presses and finishing equipment among various exhibition partners at drupa,” concluded Mr. Shtaierman.
Hot new solutions for efficient and profitable quality control
• AVT’s Prestige press control package provides solutions that automatically handle ALL make-ready tasks as well as control the associated press parameters during the run. The Prestige package, which is an option for the AVT PrintVision/Jupiter platforms, comprises three modules:
• pRegister: The established module for automatic register pre-setting and control
• Presco: the new innovative module for automatic plate pressure pre-setting and control
• I delta Eal: In line colour measurement module for delta E and delta Lab-based color pre-setting guidance and run-time color management.
Each of these solutions can significantly reduce make-ready time and material waste, and continuously monitor the required print quality throughout the run.
• The PrintVision/Helios with Color and Closed Loop inspection option - the established 100% quality assurance solution for label printers now includes a pioneering solution to close the automatic inspection loop. This feature compares in-line current prints with reference data coming from various sources such as prepress PDF files, approved copies or previous jobs. This enables faster verification of the printed jobs during make-ready and higher quality consistency between prepress, print run and re-runs of jobs.
• The I delta Eal optional module for PrintVision/Jupiter platforms provides an accurate, in-line delta E and delta Lab color measurement and management solution. The I?Eal module includes, among other features, the “Color Setting Assistance” functionality for make-ready color control, “Point-to-Point” color comparison, “Color History” display and reporting and color match for re-runs.
• SpectraLink is a unique in-line, accurate and calibrated L*a*b* color measurement solution. It is an extension to the I delta Eal module that interfaces with an off-line spectrophotometer to the AVT in-line color management technology and workflow.
• WorkFlow Link transfers print quality information from the press to the rewinder for automatic defective material removal and effective quality assurance workflow.
• PrintFlow Manager is a quality management solution, which delivers real-time production quality information directly to the print manager office, providing an important quality information layer on top of the industrial process.
AVT’s established solutions and options
• PrintVision/Jupiter - AVT’s latest platform for process control and press control solutions
• PrintVision/Argus - with new color LCCD camera - offers the highest level of combined process control and automatic 100% quality assurance inspection
• PrintVision/Apollo - the 100% quality assurance solution for installation on press or on various finishing equipment
• PrintVision/Jupiter-Compact – a process control solution, designed for narrow web and labels printers with a compact optical head
• ProoFit - AVT’s off-line versatile verification tool to ‘print the right job and to print it right’
Other optional modules for the PrintVision platforms, including the ABCv Automatic Bar Code Verification, RiteSeal for cold seal inspection and the Reflective Support Module for metallic substrates and inks are also demonstrated on the AVT stand.
AVT’s Partners at drupa 2004
Various AVT PrintVision systems are presented on stands of five exhibition partners at drupa, reflecting the close relationship between AVT, printers and OEMs. These exhibition partners include leading manufacturers of gravure, flexographic and digital presses, as well as suppliers of finishing equipment:
Fischer & Krecke - Hall 15 Stand A21 - An AVT PrintVision/Jupiter is on the stand, along with the Prestige press control package, installed on the Fischer & Krecke’s FLEXPRESS 16S-10 CI press.
Windmöller & Hölscher - Hall 15 Stand 41 - The PrintVision/Jupiter Prima is on the stand installed on the W&H PrimaFlex CS press.
OFEM - Hall 16 Stand A21 - a PrintVision/Jupiter is installed on a CI flexo press on the stand.
RAKO Etiketten - Hall 3 Stand A34 - one of Europe’s leading label printers is an AVT customer with multiple systems installed. RAKO is also the supplier of the LeoMat rewinders for label quality assurance and has a PrintVision/Helios on its stand, mounted on its LeoMat rewinder.
HP Indigo - Hall 4 Stand C23 - An AVT PrintVision/Helios is mounted on a Nilpeter rewinder, which is integrated into the digital press workflow demonstrating a full workflow solution from digital printing to 100% automatic quality assurance.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.