Ultimate releases Impostrip 7.1 for Mac OS X Panther and Windows XP, 2000
Press release from the issuing company
Montreal, Canada, April 29th 2004 Ultimate Technographics Inc, the leading imposition software developer and the inventor of digital imposition, is pleased to announce the release of Impostrip 7.1, free upgrade to Impostrip 7.0 and Impostrip Solo 7.0 customers. Included in the Impostrip 7.1 release are significant enhancements that will enable prepress professionals to image more film or plates each day – improving their productivity and profitability. Impostrip was the first imposition software for OS X and now is the first imposition software optimized for OS X Panther.
Impostrip 7.1 additional new features and enhancements include:
• Greater performance and speed of RIP and print engine, leveraging multitasking in Mac OS X Panther 10.3 (10.3 is new minimum Mac System requirement)
• In addition to PDF signature previews in 7.0, Impostrip 7.1 is the first imposition software that supports EPS and PS, composite or separated, preview of imposed signature, with zooming, in the Mac OS X version of Impostrip
• Enhanced CIP 4 JDF file format and workflow support in Impostrip (Not Impostrip Solo) including support for separated and composite PS and PDF workflows that has been certified by many CIP4 members.
• Expanded support for several updated/upgraded design and publishing applications, including Adobe Acrobat 6, InDesign 3 CS and Illustrator 11 CS and many other new applications
• New support for ‘coming and going” in Impostrip for Windows
• New Mac OS X Impostrip QuickStart manual
David Watson, President and CEO Ultimate Technographics, “Impostrip provides unsurpassed speed for indexing and printing – faster than any other imposition application on the market. There’s no secret behind our speed – just an unmatched industry unique architecture - Impostrip allows our customers to work on a desktop or in client-server mode, on an unlimited number of clients. Impostrip Server operates on the latest systems, including OS X Panther and OS X Server running on the G5 and XServe from Apple.” He continues “ Impostrip also provides more options for connecting to third party EPS replacement file workflows or more sophisticated database driven workflows supporting CIP4 PPF and the new JDF standard. Unlike competing imposition products, which are significantly slower than Impostrip for indexing and printing, Impostrip also outguns them in adaptability – Impostrip JDF workflow files can be composite or separated PS or PDF, and our CIP4 files are also unique because they include ink, cutting and folding data .”
Ultimate will also be previewing Impostrip version 7.2 at DRUPA, featuring the unique Color Bar Editor that allows users to create any kind of color bar through an easy to use interface and these Color Bars are the first Intelligent Color Bars that adjust themselves automatically to a composite or separated workflow and to the size of the plate. 7.2 will be shipping shortly after DRUPA and will be free to supported users.
Impostrip 7.1, and Solo 7.1 are free updates for supported Impostrip 7.0 and Impostrip Solo 7.0 customers. Upgrades from previous versions of Impostrip start at US $995/800 Euros
See Ultimate at Drupa, located in Hall 9 Stand D-59
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.