Burlington, MA - Converting professionals attending the 2015 ICE USA in Orlando, Florida February 10-12, will be able to discover even more innovative solutions to their specific technical challenges thanks to an expanded Ask The Expertsprogram.
Offering one-on-one complimentary appointments with some of the industry’s leading consultants, the Ask The Experts program has been expanded to include two new experts and more opportunities to meet with the existing five experts. Dr. Kenneth McCarthy, an authority on Clean Room Coating Solutions, will join German Laverde, an authority on doing business in Latin America, as the newest industry experts.
They will join the 2015 ICE USA team of industry experts that includes:
- Dr. Edward D. Cohen (Web Coating) – Dr. Cohen is a technical consultant in all aspects of the web coating process. Currently he is Technical Consultant for AIMCAL and President of the International Society of Coating Science and Technology.
- Vincent DiTrolio (Flexo Printing) – With more than 20 years of experience in the flexographic industry, Vince DiTrolio is highly regarded as a flexo expert and pioneer in formal press operator training. Through DiTrolio Flexographic Institute, an Illinois State Board of Education and Department of Veteran’s Affairs approved program, his organization has trained hundreds of press operators.
- Kelly Robinson (Static) – Kelly Robinson is the founder of Electrostatic Answers, an engineering consulting company dedicated to eliminating injury and waste from static electricity. Kelly is also a contributing editor for Paper, Film & Foil Converter and writes “Static Beat,” a monthly column on static control.
- Dr. Dave Roisum (Web Handling & Converting) – Dr. Roisum is a well-known authority in the area of web handling and converting. He has authored seven books, including Winding, Rollers and Web Handling. He is also a principal of Finishing Technologies Inc., providing consulting services to more than 300 clients who convert or manufacture; paper, film, foil, nonwovens, textiles, and many other materials.
- Dave Rumson (Slitting & Rewinding) – Dave Rumson, Slitting Educator / Consultant, has 17 years slitting and winding experience with Dienes Corporation and Parkinson Technologies. He has presented for CEMA, AIMCAL, and TAPPI for over 20 years and has conducted numerous nationwide public and corporate shear, crush and razor slitting seminars.
- Dr. Kenneth McCarthy (Clean Room Coating Solutions) – Ken McCarthy has over 35 years of experience in the coating industry. He previously served as Senior Product Development Manager at Polaroid and Multilayer Coating Technologies. He now heads up Clean Room Coating Solutions, which provides consulting services in coating, drying, defect characterization, coating heads, mixing, and scale-up projects, and more.
- German Laverde (Doing Business In Latin America) – In addition to serving as a Keynote speaker, German Laverde will be available in our Ask The Experts Pavilion for one-on-one meetings following his presentation on February 11, 2015, from 10am to 1pm. With more than 30 years of experience connected with several leading converting suppliers and converters in Latin America, he has also chaired the Flexible Packaging Division of the Society of Plastics Engineers.
“Ask The Experts is definitely one of the most popular and valuable features of ICE USA,” said Bob Chiricosta, Director, North American Exhibitions. “I had converters tell me that their sessions with our experts at the 2013 Show helped them solve some very difficult technical challenges and saved their companies significant resources.” Chiricosta added that many of these converters were able to then find the solutions the Experts recommended to them on the Show floor.
Attendees can schedule complimentary15-minute appointments with any of the experts during all three days of the Show. They are available February 10 and 11 from 1pm – 4pm and February 12 from 1pm – 3pm, with the exception of German Laverde. Making appointments in advance on the ICE USA website is encouraged, but attendees can also make appointments onsite based on availability.