Management Development Available At GATF/PIA & NAPL Management & Leadership Institute
Press release from the issuing company
PARAMUS, N.J., April 23, 2004 –For the first time, the National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL) and the Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (GATF)/Printing Industries of America (PIA) will offer their well-respected leadership and management development programs concurrently in the GATF/PIA & NAPL Management & Leadership Institute, June 8-12, 2004, at the Harry V. Quadracci Printing & Graphic Centers of the Waukesha County Technical College in suburban Milwaukee, Wis. The 2004 Institute is sponsored by EFI Printcafe MIS Solutions, Kodak Polychrome Graphics, MAN Roland, and Xerox.
MAN Roland is offering two full scholarships to the Institute for eligible employees of member companies of GATF/PIA and NAPL. The deadline for applications is May 1, 2004. For details and an application form, visit www.gain.net or www.napl.org/events/, or call Diane Koch, PIA, at (800) 742-2666, Ext. 183, or Susan Reif, NAPL, at (800) 642-6275, Ext. 1350.
The GATF/PIA & NAPL Management & Leadership Institute provides a comprehensive education experience for current and potential managers in a two-tiered program offering the following concurrent sessions:
• A Graphic Communications Management Overview module, “Building High Performance Managers.” An excellent foundation for new and emerging managers, this portion of the program provides a comprehensive examination of all the managerial disciplines of the printing and graphic communications industry. Areas explored include production and operations management, sales and marketing, customer service, performance evaluation, and financial management.
• Three targeted, interactive courses designed specifically for the printing and graphic communications industry:
- Financial Management. Through workshops, class discussions, and hands-on use of software tools, managers learn the principles of broad-based financial management, and how to gather and leverage their company’s financial and operating information to support sound business decisions.
- Production Management. Attendees learn to create customer value through effective production management strategies. Focus areas include forecasting, scheduling, process flow, and quality standards.
- Sales & Marketing Management. Managers will learn how to use integrated marketing and communications processes to design, implement, and update their sales and marketing plan. Attendees will apply what they learn in a team effort that will be reviewed and evaluated by Institute faculty.
Fee for the GATF/PIA & NAPL 2004 Management & Leadership Institute is $1,995 for GATF/PIA and NAPL members ($2,995, non-members). To register, go online to www.napl.org/events/, or call (800) 642-6275, Option 5.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.