Entries from around the world judged by five renowned industry experts and authorities
Israel – Scodix, Inc. today announced the winners of the company’s first Scodix Design Awards competition. With over 50 submissions from users worldwide, Scodix enlisted the keen eyes and technological understanding of five of the industry’s finest to judge each entry on the floor of the PRINT 13 show. The distinguished panel of judges rated each entry for design quality, production complexity, and overall appearance. Applicants represented every continent and just about every segment of the market, including direct mail, product packaging, fine arts, and commercial printing. Winners in each of the six categories were not informed of their awards until today. For more information, go to www.scodix.com.
And the winners are…
This year’s applicants displayed work that covered a wide realm of projects, including augmented reality items, braille books from Korea, wedding albums from India and much more. All of the submitted entries projected professionalism, creativity, and a superior understanding of the power of the Scodix technology. The best of the best are:
- Glittering Category: The winners are SKAG of Greece for their Calendar, and Tukaiz of the United States for their Magazine Cover;
- Metallic Category: The winner is Pressing of Spain for their Cocktail Menu;
- General Commercial Category: The winners are Acculink of the United States for their Brochure, and GZD of Germany for their own Brochure;
- Direct Mail Category: The winners are Curtis Packaging of United States for their US Open Ticket Pouch, and PM Digital of India for their Greeting Card;
- Packaging Category: The winners are Chanakya Mudrak Pvt. Ltd. of India for their Orange Box, and Acculink for their Sun Glasses Packaging;
- Restaurant Menu Category: The winners are Copiadora Nacional of Brazil for their Restaurant Menu, and Xicailons, Jing Ping Dao Yuan, for their Chinese Restaurant Menu.
“The applied creative wizardry in conjunction with the Scodix enhancement capabilities, produced some of the finest real-world projects I’ve ever seen,” notes competition judge Frank Romano. “While we’ve see some amazing eye-catching samples coming from the Scodix booth at every trade show, it’s always amazing to see how production professionals can take their technology to a whole new level of impact. I can only imagine what their clients were thinking when they saw their projects come to life so vividly. It's magic!”
PBBA Director and competition judge Vince Mallardi added, “I thought I was impressed by the Scodix work I had seen at previous shows. Seeing actual commercial work of this caliber is on a whole new level. I am telling our printer and broker members that they need to ‘stand out’ by offering print that ‘stands out’ with Scodix. What a market differentiator.”
Panel of Judges
Scodix would like to recognize the distinguished industry experts who lent their time to this competition. Not only did they support the growth of the digital print enhancement category, but they helped to identify and promote the early adopters who have pioneered this printing revolution into the mainstream. This year’s honored judges are (in alphabetical order):
- Ron Glaz, Director of Digital Imaging Solutions, IDC;
- Jim Hamilton, Group Director, InfoTrends;
- Vince Mallardi, President, Printing Brokerage/Buyers Association International
- Frank Romano, Industry Guru and Professor Emeritus in the School of Media Sciences at the Rochester Institute of Technology;
- Tom Zotos, Artist, and Noted pioneer in the Interpretive Licensed Art Movement.