SUN Chemical, Sinapse, SENA: a Successful Simulation Seminar
Good production takes good understanding, and that means having good training.
These were the reasons that SUN Chemical organized a technical training seminar on the Flexographic printing process during the AndinaPack trade show in Bogota in November 2013
The goals were to increase the understanding of the process users, to attain better common understanding, and to aim for higher quality and productivity for the printer.
The 3-day seminar was held at the SENA Bogota Graphic Arts training Center, which is equipped with a full training simulation laboratory (heatset, sheetfed and flexo simulators). The SENA is also equipped with real flexo presses, but no real production was done – it costs too much for this sort of training.
The course was attended by industrial partners such as Plasticos Calidad of Colombia, by SENA instructors specialized in flexo training, and by SUN technical support personnel from different Andean countries.
- The industrial attendees had the chance to “run the press” at no cost, to practice identifying and solving production problems; and to discuss all of this with the ink experts from SUN and the training experts from the SENA
- The SUN experts used the simulators to improve their understanding of non-ink pressroom problems
- The SENA instructors had the opportunity to talk about industrial practice and production problems – information that will help them work more closely with industry, and guide their students in the right direction.
All the participants received a Sinapse Certificate
The seminar was given by Carlos Alvarado, a process color consultant and a Sinapse Certified Trainer based in Mexico. Mr. Alvarado has worked previously with Sinapse, SENA and SUN – and was able to focus on what was most useful for each participant.
Comments from those present:
- Implementing the simulator in a production plant can substantially reduce manufacturing costs.
- It’s an excellent method to reproduce everyday situations in plants.
- It’s a very complete and user-friendly tool that facilitates the preparation of the training sessions that we give to our clients.
- It’s an excellent program that helps us understand and solve most of common difficulties that arise in a press and thus gives us more experience in solving the problems encountered
For more information on this seminar – or on the next such seminars, please contact :