WhatTheyThink

Serious fire at Lenzing Papier

Press release from the issuing company

A serious fire occurred at Austrian paper manufacturer Lenzing Papier on 5 November. The fire was mainly confined to the mill’s ventilation system.

Thanks to the efforts of the mill’s internal fire service and 13 fire stations from around the region the blaze was quickly brought under control.

Ernst Brunbauer, General Manager at the mill commented ‘This fire was most probably caused by an electrical fault in the mill.  Electrical insulations, instruments and controls were damaged but thankfully not the paper machine. 

Since the fire we have been working with engineers and other expert contractors and the re-installation of cables and equipment is well under way.

I expect to re-start the paper machine by 15 December latest.’

Discussion

Join the discussion Sign In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free