Noosh and American Heart Association Present at ISM Conference
Press release from the issuing company
SANTA CLARA, CA., November 17, 2003 - Noosh, the leading provider of collaborative e-Business software solutions for print, and The American Heart Association, the nation's largest voluntary health agency fighting heart disease, will conduct a joint presentation focused on best practices for print management at the upcoming Services Group Conference hosted by the Institute for Supply Management in Scottsdale, Arizona on December 4th.
Kathy Bridwell, C.P.M., Purchasing Director, American Heart Association will provide an overview of the Noosh deployment at the non-profit agency. Her presentation will:
- Provide an insider's look at how standardized processes for print procurement reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve time-to-market.
- Show how the American Heart Association incorporated collaborative procurement to help manage over 1,000 print projects a year including marketing collateral, direct mail, business forms, and other commercial printing materials.
- Demonstrate how tools used in managing a complex commodity like print are different from other kinds of sourcing and procurement solutions.
Other curriculum leaders and sessions to be conducted at the conference include:
- Christa Degnan, Research Director, Aberdeen Group -- "Best Practices in Online Services Procurement"
- John Stephens, Director, Marketing Procurement, Microsoft Corporation -- "Deploying Strategic Sourcing and Managing Suppliers and Service Programs at Microsoft"
- Roy R. Anderson, Vice President of Purchasing, MetLife -- "Driving Organizational Transformation in Preparation for and with Technology"
More information about the conference is available at: http://www.ism.ws/Conferences/Services2003.cfm
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.